IGNORED

ABBUC JHV / GA 2021 POSTPONED!

Mathy

Hello guys

The general assembly, also known as the JHV, of the ABBUC 2021 that was planned for next Saturday, Oktober 16th, has been postponed.  A new date hasn't been set yet.

The judging of this years contests had already been postponed to the NOMAM meeting in November.

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by Mathy
  • Sad 1

Absolutely crazy to postpone it just a week before it’s scheduled date. I was all geared up to be there….

When will it be now ? I hope early next year, last months of the year are always extremely busy for everyone, would be stupid to do it in those months…

Alas, we had to do this.

There are laws that the invitation must reach the (german) members at least 10 days before the general assembly takes place. This was not the case, so all decisions that would have been made there, would have been nil.

Regarding a new date, yeah, I also fear that november and december will be difficult for me to be there.

• Confused 1

On 10/11/2021 at 12:35 PM, CharlieChaplin said:

There are laws that the invitation must reach the (german) members at least 10 days before the general assembly takes place. This was not the case, so all decisions that would have been made there, would have been nil.

You must be kidding……..oh well….typical German…

this is about a hobby, not running a country….

Edited by Level42
  • Haha 2

I got the invitation at:

Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 12:38:53 +0200

Plus ten days is October the 15th, JHV is/was at October the 16th, which is eleven days after the invitation. I see no problem. I do see a problem that some persons will show up in Herten this coming Saturday and will be met by a closed door.

• Like 1

yup, I received the invitation at the same date and time.

In fact, I -did- receive the invitation per e-mail, but I had to hear it from my friend Fred that it had been cancelled….no e-mail about any cancellation from ABBUC……

I bet there are laws in Germany about how many days a cancellation has to be sent prior to the cancelled date too ? ????

Edited by Level42
  • Haha 2

Guys, the discussion is more difficult, because German laws are way stricter than in other countries (like The Netherlands). For example, in The Netherlands is an email equal to a written letter on paper. In Germany, this is different. Only emails with a digital signature (certificates) are equal to a written letter. 

We have to accept this, the JHV is postoponed. Nothing can be changed about it.

I share @Level42's concerns. I think the board has to email every (at least international) member as soon as possible! I hope that no one will show up in Herten next Saturday....

Edited by Fred_M

E-mail won’t do anymore buddy, I want a registered letter by courier now.

Seriously, Germany is so amazingly behind and rigid. It’s amazing how it produces the best cars in the world….

Was on short holiday near Cochem last June, and I couldn’t even pay by card (actually, iPhone) at some restaurants. Two weeks ago I was in Greece, and I could pay with card/phone absolutely everywhere (just like in The Netherlands) even the guy who rented out the beach-beds with my phone….

Edited by Level42
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Level42 said:

Seriously, Germany is so amazingly behind and rigid. It’s amazing how it produces the best cars in the world….

Was on short holiday near Cochem last June, and I couldn’t even pay by card (actually, iPhone) at some restaurants. Two weeks ago I was in Greece, and I could pay with card/phone absolutely everywhere (just like in The Netherlands) even the guy who rented out the beach-beds with my phone….

Yes, we invented many things for modern living, but we always seem to be behind using them?

One of the typical German things, I think. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Level42 said:

you could if the guy offering would pay the Apple Pay fees or PayPal or whatever fee to his payment aquierer... so... it is not like you can not do that...

me rarely has even cash or even wallet with me since 2 years and just paying everything with my iPhone... (the barber not as he doesn't want to offer that service)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heaven/TQA said:

Ernsthaft? Jeeez.... ABBUC even there is money envolved... it is about hobby e.V. hin- oder her... I can imagine because of legal relyability of the board members..... but still I doubt any of the ABBUC members would do a lawsuit....

so well... 

Dann lies mal (den versteckten) Thread im ABBUC-Forum dazu...

I don't doubt that some members would do a lawsuit...

• Confused 1

Let’s be clear about one thing guys, I love Germany and most Germans are just fine people, like in every other country.

I like to go on holiday there and have a bunch of great friends from my arcade collecting days, all great people.

I’m not out here to ridicule any country or people.

and ABBUC, with all its “faults” is still a wonderful club with an amazing impulse for the A8 community, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the biggest 8 bit computer club still to exist in 2021.

Edited by Level42
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Level42 said:

Let’s be clear about one thing guys, I love Germany and most Germans are just fine people, like in every other country.

I like to go on holiday there and have a bunch of great friends from my arcade collecting days, all great people.

I’m not out here to ridicule any country or people.

and ABBUC, with all its “faults” is still a wonderful club with an amazing impulse for the A8 community, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the biggest 8 bit computer club still to exist in 2021.

me never had a feeling that you blame GER... ;-) we all know that each of us in EU has their faults... :D (looking around to PL, CZ, HU then south to GR, IT then left to ES and PT and then heading west to our F guys not to mention Belgium with 20 official languages... at least UK we can leave out... Ireland.... our friends from Nordics etc...)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Heaven/TQA said:

not to mention Belgium with 20 official languages...

LOL. It's not that bad. I believe there are three official languages. Dutch, French, and German.

Now government is something different. There's one for each linguistic group (3), one for each region (Flanders, Wallonia, and the Brussels capital greater region, that's 3 again), and a federal government to rule them all ;) That's seven governments.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ivop said:

LOL. It's not that bad. I believe there are three official languages. Dutch, French, and German.

Now government is something different. There's one for each linguistic group (3), one for each region (Flanders, Wallonia, and the Brussels capital greater region, that's 3 again), and a federal government to rule them all ;) That's seven governments.

haha. ;-) but Belgium fries are good. ;-)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bunsen said:

I don't doubt that some members would do a lawsuit...

This. 

It seems to me that there are some (mostly honorary) members of the abbuc who would like it to close. Every decision has to be made with the thought that these people would like nothing more than to find a way to get the board to fail and the club shut down. This is why every regulation has to be followed to the letter and nothing can be left that exposes the board to any risk no matter how small. It's hard enough to run a club this size as it is, without having to watch your back all the time too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hello guys

We should by now all know that the world is not a place where everybody loves one another and where everything is peachy keen.  People will do the stupidest things, just because they themselves aren't worshiped by the rest of the world or just because they want the world to worship them.  I do not believe that one of the ABBUC members I know, and I know a lot of them personally, will ever sue the ABBUC for the decisions made at a general assembly.  But I have seen people almost ruined a club (nothing computer wise) because of their croaked minds and in my mind that club is still suffering from it, years after these people left the club in a hurry and without telling anybody.

That being said, I don't think Germany is the only country where you have to invite people to a general assembly x-days before the GA takes place.  You don't want people with wrong intentions calling a meeting two or three days before it takes place and then decide something among a small group of members.  That's not how a democratic club works.

Yes, I also think it sucks that the ABBUCs GA will not take place this Saturday.  But, after two years, I've met a bunch of ABBUC members again at the Fujiama in 08485 Lengenfeld in Germany a month ago.  And hope I can get a few days off in November to visite the NOMAM meeting.

Sincerely

Mathy    (member of the ABBUC since magazine #22.  Soon, I hope, #146 will come out)

Yes I’m member of a marching band/music club (muziekvereniging) and the club has a set of rules (statuten) too.

However those rules simply say that the members must be invited for the yearly members meeting , but they don’t specify the means how this is done.

I find it unbelievable that apparently there are some members have the aim to destroy ABBUC. I hope they will fail.

• Like 1