IGNORED

ABBUC JHV / GA 2021 POSTPONED!

Mathy

On 10/12/2021 at 6:58 PM, Mr Robot said:

This. 

It seems to me that there are some (mostly honorary) members of the abbuc who would like it to close. Every decision has to be made with the thought that these people would like nothing more than to find a way to get the board to fail and the club shut down. This is why every regulation has to be followed to the letter and nothing can be left that exposes the board to any risk no matter how small. It's hard enough to run a club this size as it is, without having to watch your back all the time too.

bump

On 10/13/2021 at 9:08 AM, Mr Robot said:

One member of the board has already said (on the abbuc members forum) that he isn't standing again because of all the backstabbing and constant complaining, another one has said to me privately that he hasn't decided if he will or not but isn't definitely going to. 

This isn't rumours and suspicions; I've been involved with the abbuc board for a while now because of the website redesign, and it really is having an impact on the morale and enthusiasm of the team. If the regular membership stand by and let this vocal minority continue to undermine the board they may bring about the end of abbuc.

We all know how few people are willing to volunteer to do something for the club, there may be no one willing to replace any leaving board members.

bump

On 10/13/2021 at 10:20 AM, Mr Robot said:

I'm not naming any names and I'm not betraying any confidences sharing that there are other members of the board who are not definitely standing for the positions again. There are also other members who are not on the board who are active in the club who are refusing to contribute at the moment because of the risks they will incur if they do. 

A lot of the members don't ever visit the members area of the abbuc forums because it is so toxic in there, they are probably unaware of just how much stress and misery the few negative vocal 'members' are causing the board and that as a result one of them is standing down.

The membership needs to know that they need to stop those negative people from destroying their club. They won't ever know that if the discussion is in a place that none of them go because of how toxic it is. 

If they do, people who know the truth will have to correct them. 

Having only a small number of people who are causing a problem be the only people knowing that there IS a problem is not the way to get the problem fixed. It's about time that the wider abbuc membership were made aware of the unnecessary problems the board has had to deal with because of a few poisonous people wanting the club to stay as it has been for the last 15 years or close down for good. It's a shame that it has to be brought into the public but there is no other way to get it in front of the people who need to see it but who never visit the members area of the abbuc forums because of the very members who are causing the problems in the first place.

If I were a non-contributing member who never went to the members area of the abbuc forums I'd want someone to make sure I knew that the club was at risk before it was too late to do anything to save it.

bump