IGNORED

ZΔRKSTΔRS - A Space Saga

HSW3ET

On 12/1/2021 at 9:40 PM, discotronic said:

Somewhere along the line someone had a bad day! Actually I don't think someone did anything intentional. The game was packed well and there was no damage. If someone had deliberately tried to crush the box it probably would have been enough to damage the contents and that was not the case here. 

Zarkbox01.thumb.jpg.c15d93811fd45f0c46c95c299b030a4b.jpg

It's interesting to note, my package arrived looking exactly the same.   I think it's the quality of the box as it has (for a lack of not being an expert in the box field) wider corrugations and the cardboard itself is pretty flimsy (thin),   I think the last box I received that was similar was from china...  It wouldn't take much for these boxes to end up this way.  That aside, the game was surrounded by bubble wrap that kept damage from happening.   I was surprised the game came out undamaged.

Edited by OriginalJohn
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/24/2021 at 11:43 PM, OriginalJohn said:

It's interesting to note, my package arrived looking exactly the same.   I think it's the quality of the box as it has (for a lack of not being an expert in the box field) wider corrugations and the cardboard itself is pretty flimsy (thin),   I think the last box I received that was similar was from china...  It wouldn't take much for these boxes to end up this way.  That aside, the game was surrounded by bubble wrap that kept damage from happening.   I was surprised the game came out undamaged.

Hi OriginalJohn! I'm glad the game isn't damaged. We have noticed that shipments to the US are arriving under these conditions. All shipments to Brazil and Europe, so far, have arrived with the boxes in good condition. Even a DHL shipment to the US, with an super tough outer box, arrived badly damaged. I am considering not shipping any more games to the US except through DHL unfortunately. ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated ZΔRKSTΔRS website [ www.zarkstars.com ]

"Traveling in the darkness of space aboard the Andromeda A.N-2 spaceship, the command panel's radar tracked an alien station, heading for Neptune, carrying a powerful arsenal of energy."

"Controlled by a robotic brain, Cetus Station silently navigates the cosmos in search of stellar fragments for an as-yet-unknown objective."

"Now you must invade the immense fortress, traverse its entire length and face the sinister force until the structure's ingrained generators collapse!"

"How many bases spread across cosmic infinity will you need to defeat? What will be the plan of this robotic alien mind? This is no time for questions! It's time for a lot of action..."

ZARKSTARS HQ (PG 2).jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 7:32 PM, Pat Brady said:

@HSW3ET Congrats on the wins! Plus two close runner-ups.

In your acceptance remarks, you mentioned an Odyssey game by Rafael Cardoso. Which game were you referring to? I see he has been very prolific, but none of the games I looked at seemed similar to ZΔRKSTΔRS I at all.

Hi Pat Brady!

Thank you very much!

Like Laser Gates, Vanguard, Planet Patrol, a specific game by Rafael Cardoso pleased me a lot. I'm not sure if it was released in the US... it's called Neon Nights.
I'm a big fan of the work Rafael has been doing for Odyssey. He is very talented and a great inspiration. ?

Edited by HSW3ET
  • Like 1

Hi everyone!
I don't really know where I should write this here on the forum... so I'll write it here. ?

Thank you so much for the awards for Zarkstars!
I was really surprised to be nominated this year and to be able to participate in the event together with you.

Thanks to the nomination committee for the 4 nominations, James and the ZeroPage Homebrew channel for the initiative, the award sponsors, everyone involved with the game project and those who liked, supported, bought and voted for Zarkstars.
Congratulations to this year's participants and winners. Everyone did a good job.

I'm very happy. Thank you very much!

Leandro Camara

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys!

The pre-order list for the second game in the saga is starting.

ZΔRKSTΔRS II: Ground Force

Send a message right now to the e-mail [ zarkstarsgame@gmail.com ] with the title (Subject): GROUND FORCE - "Your name" (Example: GROUND FORCE - Robert Smith) and wait for our return with the necessary information (price, shipping, etc.) for you to confirm the order.
You will also be able to choose, again, the serial number you want to receive.
The initial batch is limited to 75 copies, with no second printing expected.
After we have the list defined, we will contact you by e-mail to complete your purchase of the second game in the space saga.

Keep following the posts on the saga page [ www.facebook.com/zarkstars ] and have fun!

Leandro Camara

Poster (Web) GROUND FORCE (75dpi).jpg

Tela - GF - 10.jpg

Edited by HSW3ET
  • Like 4

Hi folks!

The order list for ZΔRKSTΔRS II: GROUND FORCE is almost closed, leaving only a few numbers available.
If you are interested in the game, and have not yet written to be included in the pre-order list, contact us by email [ zarkstarsgame@gmail.com ] and reserve your copy, before copies run out. There is no forecast for a second batch.

For those who didn't have the first game (ZΔRKSTΔRS I) and want to purchase using the same shipping, I will make some copies on order especially for this occasion. After this batch, I do not intend to reprint this game.

Thank you to everyone who is purchasing and enjoying the saga!

Leandro Camara

Poster (Propaganda).jpg

10 minutes ago, bfstats said:

I definitely want a copy of the first Zarkstars and have already emailed about it, but figure it wouldn’t hurt to say it again here. Thank you for making a second batch!

Hi bfstats! Thank you! I'm glad you liked the game. ?

Hi again! Just dropping by to let you know.
If anyone wants to buy any of the Zarkstars t-shirts (model 1 or model 2), don't forget to let us know along with the game purchase order in the email.
We are still organizing the t-shirt size grid here.
Thank you! Cheers!
Leandro Camara

Tela Camiseta ZS GF.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/26/2022 at 3:13 AM, sramirez2008 said:

Email sent!

On 2/26/2022 at 3:24 PM, TrekMD said:

Ditto!

On 3/2/2022 at 6:34 PM, bfstats said:

Email sent.

On 3/2/2022 at 6:39 PM, -^CrossBow^- said:

Email sent as well. 

Thanks guys! We are already organizing the pre-order list.
Hope you like the second game too! ??

• Like 3

Hi guys!
Exclusive show with the first three games of the ZΔRKSTΔRS Saga!

Next Tuesday (03/15), the Canadian channel ZeroPage Homebrew will have a show dedicated to the ZΔRKSTΔRS saga.
James and Tanya O'Brien will present, first hand, the second game of the Saga: ZΔRKSTΔRS II: GROUND FORCE.
In addition, they will play ZΔRKSTΔRS I, a title twice awarded at this year's Atari Homebrew Awards, and ZΔRKSTΔRS III: DEEP SPACE, a game in development (WIP).
Hope you like it!

Leandro Camara

Watch and join the live chat: [ www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew ]

ZARKSTARS Saga.jpg

• Like 1

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing ZΔRKSTΔRS I - A Space Saga w/ interview with developer Leandro Camara on tomorrow's stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

Trilogy Credits: Leandro Camara @HSW3ET (Programming, Design and Soundtrack), Heitor Maciel (Programming Consulting), Viviane Peçaibes (Design and Text Consulting), Kenny Schmitt (Cover Illustration), Leonardo Santiago @Leonardo Santiago (Hardware)

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1