IGNORED

BPM Boy (by RetroNinja) - (in VCS Store)

justclaws

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. 

Thanks @justclaws for posting this!

Yes, BPM Boy is the distraction that kept me from completing the mammoth Chaos Chassis, this year. Lol.

I just really wanted to do an homage to Marble Madness / Crystal Castles / Super Monkey Ball / etc.  Marble Madness is one of my favorites, as well as my wife's, plus I wanted to do something that had a more "upbeat" and "funky" soundtrack and vibe. 

What you see in the trailer is a small snippet, from about 12 weeks of work. As I said before, the game is influenced by Marble Madness, Crystal Castles, Super Monkey Ball, Sonic and even a tinge of Jet Set Radio.  It's very-much a physics-based platformer, where you really feel the weight of the ball.  It also has a dynamic music system I wrote, which reacts to what the player is doing and adjusts the music accordingly.  It's been fun to work and should be out on VCS by the end of the year.

Stay tuned.

BPMBoy_Screenshot_093021.jpg

BPMBoy_Screenshot_093221.jpg

BPMBoy_Screenshot_093421.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 5:28 PM, joeatari1 said:

@Tony Barnes Thanks for posting this here.  I am enjoying the interaction from the developers both here and on Discord.  Looking forward to the games you and others have planned for the VCS, especially Chaos Chassis.?

Yeah, sorry I've been quiet here. Busy with just "a few" games in development and it's just me 100%. Expect more info soon. BPM will ship this year (unless something goes wrong... lol), with Chaos (and others) next year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Happy Holidays everyone.

Quick update; dev never goes as planned and I didn't want to rush out something just to make Xmas, so BPM Boy has been pushed to Jan 2022 (well, I'll submit then and we'll see when it gets put on the machine).

Anyway, in the meantime, here are some pix of the "ice level", the game running on the actual VCS and a look at the new logo!

-TB

IMG_1308.jpg

BPMBoy_Logo_withBPM.jpg

BPMBoy_Screenshot_112221.jpg

BPMBoy_Screenshot_112221_2.jpg

BPMBoy_Screenshot_112221_4.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2021 at 7:53 PM, joeatari1 said:

Lookin' good!  I've never had any experience with a "roller" game before.  I'll have to give this one a try, it looks like a ton of fun!

Rollers are what games like Super Monkey Ball, Marble Madness, Ball-X, etc. are called. I guess because the term's not widely known, I also call it a "physics-based platformer", but that really could mean a LOT of different things than a roller.

• Like 1

Remember people, BPM Boy is coming soon to the VCS (other platforms aren't really on my mind right now and I've got other games to get to, so don't count on a Steam release any time soon, tbh).

Also remember, BPM Boy won't take 500 hours to complete! LOL. imageproxy.php?img=&key=f4dcc336a70d5c68imageproxy.php?img=&key=f4dcc336a70d5c68imageproxy.php?img=&key=f4dcc336a70d5c68imageproxy.php?img=&key=f4dcc336a70d5c68imageproxy.php?img=&key=f4dcc336a70d5c68

EDIT: And because the video won't play here, AtariAge gets first dibs on a couple of screenshots! Enjoy.

BPMBoy_Screenshot_122221_4.jpg

BPMBoy_Screenshot_122221_5.jpg

Edited by Tony Barnes
Video won't display
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

• 2 weeks later...