justclaws

BPM Boy (RetroNinja) - coming to VCS

This looks so good; day#1 VCS buy. Thanks or the extra information here.

@Tony Barnes Thanks for posting this here.  I am enjoying the interaction from the developers both here and on Discord.  Looking forward to the games you and others have planned for the VCS, especially Chaos Chassis.😉

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 5:28 PM, joeatari1 said:

@Tony Barnes Thanks for posting this here.  I am enjoying the interaction from the developers both here and on Discord.  Looking forward to the games you and others have planned for the VCS, especially Chaos Chassis.😉

Yeah, sorry I've been quiet here. Busy with just "a few" games in development and it's just me 100%. Expect more info soon. BPM will ship this year (unless something goes wrong... lol), with Chaos (and others) next year.

• Like 1

It's great to see some more details of progress on the game, and thanks for posting it!

• Like 2

Happy Holidays everyone.

Quick update; dev never goes as planned and I didn't want to rush out something just to make Xmas, so BPM Boy has been pushed to Jan 2022 (well, I'll submit then and we'll see when it gets put on the machine).

Anyway, in the meantime, here are some pix of the "ice level", the game running on the actual VCS and a look at the new logo!

-TB

IMG_1308.jpg

BPMBoy_Logo_withBPM.jpg

BPMBoy_Screenshot_112221.jpg

BPMBoy_Screenshot_112221_2.jpg

BPMBoy_Screenshot_112221_4.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Lookin' good!  I've never had any experience with a "roller" game before.  I'll have to give this one a try, it looks like a ton of fun!

• Like 2

I’m definitely looking forward to this game myself, the game kinda reminds me of Skully which was the last similar style game to this I played!. I will be picking this up like many VCS owners on day one can’t wait for it the visuals look really really good. 

• Like 2

On 12/24/2021 at 7:53 PM, joeatari1 said:

Lookin' good!  I've never had any experience with a "roller" game before.  I'll have to give this one a try, it looks like a ton of fun!

Rollers are what games like Super Monkey Ball, Marble Madness, Ball-X, etc. are called. I guess because the term's not widely known, I also call it a "physics-based platformer", but that really could mean a LOT of different things than a roller.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, markofwolves said:

Classic controller is supported?

Yes, Classic and Modern supported. No trackball support upon initial release.

• Like 3

Here's a couple of screenshots and the game in motion on the VCS.  Getting pretty close to submitting to Atari.  Stay tuned.

BPMBoy_Screenshot_012021_1.jpg

BPMBoy_Screenshot_012021_2.jpg

BPMBoy_Screenshot_012021_3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

This looks fantastic and I’ll definitely be picking it up day one when it’s on the VCS store!. It’s nice to see a game that’s taking advantage of the VCS hardware a bit more, the visuals are looking on point as is the frame rate in the video. 

• Like 4