IGNORED

My Top 10 Favorite Intellivision Games

I'm sorry for the lack of new content.  I got diagnosed with COVID about a week ago and I'm still feeling like crap.  Luckily I recorded the video before that.  I should have a new video this coming weekend, if I feel up to it.  This COVID is really hanging on for some reason. :(  I'd hate to see what I'd be like if I hadn't gotten vaccinated.  I appreciate some prayers and positive vibes, please. 

In this episode me and my buddy Red list our Top 10 favorite Intellivision Games.  Did we leave any out?  Do you agree with our list?  Let me know. 

• Like 6

s#!t, I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for the video. My tastes are a bit different but at least you didn't mention Vectron among your top ten favorite Inty games ?

Cloudy Mountain is definitely a killer, it well deserves one of the first three places, the first one included.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 1:40 AM, classicgamer74 said:

I'm sorry for the lack of new content.  I got diagnosed with COVID about a week ago and I'm still feeling like crap.  Luckily I recorded the video before that.  I should have a new video this coming weekend, if I feel up to it.  This COVID is really hanging on for some reason. :(  I'd hate to see what I'd be like if I hadn't gotten vaccinated.  I appreciate some prayers and positive vibes, please. 

In this episode me and my buddy Red list our Top 10 favorite Intellivision Games.  Did we leave any out?  Do you agree with our list?  Let me know. 

Awesome shirt!!  And I totally agree with your number 1 pick.  See my profile photo, lol.

Feel better!!

Edited by IntyFanMatt

I don't think I would put any Activision games in my Intellivision top 10.  My top ten list changes from time to time.  But I cannot think of a time when Pitfall or River Raid got in...

I never got in to Dreadnaught or Worm Whomper.   I liked Beamrider better on the 2600...  I guess River Raid would be closest.

Now, for the 2600.   I would be hard pressed to have a non Activision game in the top 5.

Boxing and Hockey by Activision for the 2600, I like better than Intellivision's   Mattel made versions of these games.  Intellivision dominated sports games.

Oh, forgot Happy Trails...  Loco-Motion baby!

I know a lot of people like Dreadnaught Factor.  I didn't have it until LATE 80's  and was more into the C64 for a while by then.

I like Beamrider.  I just played the 2600 version more.  So, it is higher on the 2600 list than Intellivision.

For me, it was sports games early on.  The only 1 player games I had were Space Battle, Astrosmash and Auto Racing.  Until the crash and then I had just about everything.

$.99 at KB toy.   Actually, I did have Tron DD and that got a lot of play.  I had 5 games for Colecovision that got most of the 1 player play time.

But it was always much more fun playing with family and friends.

Wow, just thinking Amico for a sec.  My Uncle would come over to play Horse Racing.  We would have 4,5 or 6 people playing that and Bowling also.

57 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

I know a lot of people like Dreadnaught Factor.  I didn't have it until LATE 80's  and was more into the C64 for a while by then.

I like Beamrider.  I just played the 2600 version more.  So, it is higher on the 2600 list than Intellivision.

For me, it was sports games early on.  The only 1 player games I had were Space Battle, Astrosmash and Auto Racing.  Until the crash and then I had just about everything.

$.99 at KB toy.   Actually, I did have Tron DD and that got a lot of play.  I had 5 games for Colecovision that got most of the 1 player play time.

Wow, just thinking Amico for a sec.  My Uncle would come over to play Horse Racing.  We would have 4,5 or 6 people playing that and Bowling also.

Yeah,that's why Baseball,Skiing and Hockey are in my top 10 also.

Myself,my Brother and all our friends played all the different sports games a ton.

And of course Tron and AD&D and Tarmin.

Imagic I liked Swords and Swerpents the best from them, even despite the disappointing ending.

2 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

Dreadnaught Factor is awesome is one of the best games on the system, no doubt about it. If you haven’t given it much of a chance, I highly recommend you do so. It’s great. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Dreadnaught Factor is awesome is one of the best games on the system, no doubt about it. If you haven’t given it much of a chance, I highly recommend you do so. It’s great. 

The weather is still to nice....  But as it gets a little more blustery, my game time will increase.  I will put DF on my must give it a real try.... List. :)

I know I am way in the minority on this one...... Never played A.D.&D.    A little of Tarmin as it was kinda cool 3d.  But so SLOW.  LOL

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I think Worm Whomper, Dreadnaught Factor, and Beamrider are all I'm my top 10.  I just listened to an Intellivisionaries episode from 2019 where they discussed top tens.  I'm probably due for updating my list ?

Speaking of top ten lists, Paul is so close to releasing part 1 of our Intellivionaries top ten list. Hopefully this next week or so. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

The weather is still to nice....  But as it gets a little more blustery, my game time will increase.  I will put DF on my must give it a real try.... List. :)

I know I am way in the minority on this one...... Never played A.D.&D.    A little of Tarmin as it was kinda cool 3d.  But so SLOW.  LOL

Are you saying you never played Cloudy Mountain?  That is literally the best game on the entire system!

1 minute ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Are you saying you never played Cloudy Mountain?  That is literally the best game on the entire system!

Yup...  I had it pretty early on, thought it was neat how the tunnels unfolded etc.  But never got into it.  Just not my type of game.

MLB, NFL, NBA, Soccer and Tennis got the most play in my house.

Skiing was pretty good at the highest level.

Hockey drove me nuts.  This should be the fastest game, but it is painful!  I played hockey competitively through college.  Not that I was elite.  But I wasn't a slouch either.

It seemed like someone from Southern California put that game together!  Before Gretzky got traded to the Kings.  LOL.  Just hard to play this game... PAINFUL.

In a warped twist.. I never liked real soccer...  But like the Intellivision version as a hockey substitute.

Obviously games like Bump.. Burgertime, Locomotion, Tron DD are always near the top 10.   The Super Pro games too.

SP Football got my re-hooked on Intellivision.  Hover Force got some major love when I first got that.  It is a great game and sneaks into the to 10 from time to time.

I am talking 125...   Bomb Squad and B17 can get near the top 10 depending on my mood....   I have 20 games that can be in the top 10.

Post 125 gets difficult.  It is almost not fair to put them in this list.... for me at least.  I am less tired of them.  But, I don't have the childhood memories.  So, I cannot judge them the same.

Carol, the DK's etc. are fun and amazing for the Intellivision.  Some of David's enhancements have given new life to some games.  Mystic is very playable! 

And Stonix re-re-introduced the intellivision to me after a little time away.

Lunar MP...  Oops.  Space Patrol is fantastic.  I was a huge Moon Patrol fan.  Loved the TI99 version and this is clearly a descendant!

I have great family memories playing Bi-Planes, Bowling with Dad and Mom etc.  Horse Racing with my Uncle and everyone else...  So, these are special games.

Around 13 I borrowed Utopia from a girl at school.  OMG.  Was so hooked!  She was very cute, and somehow, I never used this as an in?  Hmm, I guess the game was that good.

Of course she was mad at me, cause I kept forgetting to bring it back to school....  :)

anyway..  that's my top 50 or so!  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, classicgamer74 said:

My grandma said my Uncle Eric played Tower of Tarmin for like 6 or 7 hours straight. does that game actually end?

You mean Treasure of Tarmin?  It can go

on forever as long as you don’t pick up the treasure after defeating the final boss…the Minotaur.

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, classicgamer74 said:

Utopia was way ahead of it's time. I didn't. Have it on the list because its going to be on another one. I found myself playing for multiple hours one night, too. When I get back to work and the gaming and computer club starts I'm goin from show it to the students.

Utopia is amazing. Easily one of the best games on the system.  

• Like 1