IGNORED

Who is going to the 39th TI-99/4A Annual Chicago TI International World Faire?

KB9ZQT

Who is going to the 39th TI-99/4A Annual Chicago TI International World Faire?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending the Faire in person? (trying to get a number count for the friday welcome dinner and banquet location count)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This from Victor over on Facebook:

Chicago Faire Update
The Chicago TI International World Faire will take place at the Evanston Public Library, Evanston, Illinois, on Saturday, October 23. On Friday evening we will have a pre-Faire dinner at the Celtic Knot restaurant, directly across from the library, starting at 6p.m. After the Faire, our Banquet and awards presentation will take place at the Mt. Everest restaurant, also across the street from from the library, next to the Celtic Knot. From there, the Infamous Pub Crawl will begin. Those of you who are veterans of previous Faires will find that Evanston has not escaped the ravages of COVID 19. Many of our favorite haunts have fallen by the wayside, and our no more, among them Tommy Nevin's, World of Beer, Panera, and even Burger King! Still, there are a few watering holes left extant, and we will hunt them down. We hope to see all our old friends, and new at the 39th Faire. —Hal Shanafield
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, 9640News said:

This from Victor over on Facebook:

Thank you for cross-posting this information.  Frankly, that Jon is here and providing information as well is the only reason I would be inclined to attend future Faires.  I am not on Facebook, and if the organizers are only going to post on Facebook then they are obviously and deliberately ignoring me and do not need my attendance or donations.

AtariAge is not the devil.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Thank you for cross-posting this information.  Frankly, that Jon is here and providing information as well is the only reason I would be inclined to attend future Faires.  I am not on Facebook, and if the organizers are only going to post on Facebook then they are obviously and deliberately ignoring me and do not need my attendance or donations.

I'm half and half on Facebook. Zuckerdude says I can read posts there but I can't reply, it's called zucktape yo mouth. And you get that when you're talking like a sailor but I see the same verbage from it's advertising department. 

I'm just waiting for the day when they allow me to speak but not read. Watch out! Thats almost like changing your name after everyone got used to your original name.

But I can't attend the fair either but would love to sometime. 

Edited by GDMike
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

@iliketurtles will definitely miss you this year--he really enjoys talking to you at the Faire (as do I).

He was stunned that the BK was dead when I told him that particular nugget last night. He has lots of nice memories of that place, including the soda machine from hell. . .

1 hour ago, Ksarul said:

He has lots of nice memories of that place, including the soda machine from hell. . .

We should have let him have at that machine with some tools.  I will be missing all my friends this year, as well.

1 hour ago, GDMike said:

And you get that when you're talking like a sailor but I see the same verbage from it's advertising department.

Phuq 'em.

I am not on Facebook, and if the organizers are only going to post on Facebook then they are obviously and deliberately ignoring me and do not need my attendance or donations.

Just to be fair, the same thing could be said about me posting on AtariAge and not Facebook.  The difference being that Facebook is the devil. :evil:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Guys,

If you can't attend in person this year, I am planning to stream the faire to youtube (another devil site :)) at about 9:30am (chicago time) start time on Saturday. 

Link:   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLTtWUO1syCerK4cPjOjPjg

Also, final call for any last min videos presentation. Please email Hal at Hals12@hotmail.com to arrange content info/ description and I will try and get them shared with the group/stream.  

Edited by KB9ZQT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ksarul said:

including the soda machine from hell. . .

Was that the million combination soda selector machine?  That style always seems to give me the same flavor no matter what I select:  it's like going into the fridge and combining the dregs of the open soda bottles into a glass.  Carbonation optional.  ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Was that the million combination soda selector machine?  That style always seems to give me the same flavor no matter what I select:  it's like going into the fridge and combining the dregs of the open soda bottles into a glass.  Carbonation optional.  ;)

Yes--that's the machine type. This one had a mind of its own though--it would work for a couple of minutes and then go into terminal reboot. It was an interesting experience to time the machine just right to actually get it to dispense something, LOLOL.

• Haha 1

So according to the poll 3 people, and that's including myself, are attending in person? What a cozy little event ?

Inicidentally I just checked in at the Orrington. No valet parking because of Covid (huh?). You have to shlep 2 blocks to a public parking. Also I was asked if I needed house keeping daily because of Covid (huh?). The lobby bar is closed because of Covid (come again?) Finally the restaurant closes at 8:30pm (really?) The local whorehouse has better amenities than that...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Quite so. AA remains the only spot where all the interesting developments are happening and where you can find information just about anything TI. It is irritating to see this ridiculous lingering rancor against AA just because it overtook the old Yahoo group. 

• Like 2

If you are staying at the Orrington, check the shower pressure in your room before you unpack. Found out this morning that the hot water pressure was too low for the shower head, so they had to change my room. Unless of course you belong to the polar bear club and enjoy having 2 sets of tonsils instead of one...

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

“After a fairly shaky start to the day, Arthur's mind was beginning to reassemble itself from the shell-shocked fragments the previous day had left him with.
He had found a Nutri-Matic machine which had provided him with a plastic cup filled with a liquid that was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.
The way it functioned was very interesting. When the Drink button was pressed it made an instant but highly detailed examination of the subject's taste buds, a spectroscopic analysis of the subject's metabolism and then sent tiny experimental signals down the neural pathways to the taste centers of the subject's brain to see what was likely to go down well. However, no one knew quite why it did this because it invariably delivered a cupful of liquid that was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.”

Douglas Adams

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Was that the million combination soda selector machine?

STEP RIGHT UP! PAY YOUR MONEY AND TAKE YOUR CHANCES!?

ON LUCKY 7'S SODA MACHINE...

vending-machines.thumb.jpg.cb6c7aa1d905a749b4bdfe899d10004b.jpg

2 hours ago, SteveB said:

However, no one knew quite why it did this because it invariably delivered a cupful of liquid that was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Vorticon said:

So according to the poll 3 people, and that's including myself, are attending in person? What a cozy little event ?

Inicidentally I just checked in at the Orrington. No valet parking because of Covid (huh?). You have to shlep 2 blocks to a public parking. Also I was asked if I needed house keeping daily because of Covid (huh?). The lobby bar is closed because of Covid (come again?) Finally the restaurant closes at 8:30pm (really?) The local whorehouse has better amenities than that...

Well, my wife is with me so I'll have to stick with the non-whorehouse attractions.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1