IGNORED

ISOBAR Surge Protectors/Noise Filters

gilsaluki

Re-reading a 1985 Compute! Magazine I glanced at an advertisement for ISOBAR S.P/N.F.s.  I have seen the ads in the past without paying too much attention to them.  I really never gave power strips much thought.  I decided to look up the company on Google.  To my surprise they are still in business, at least their product is still being sold.  Are these good protectors?  Recommended?  Or just hype?  They were very expensive in 1985.  They are still costly, but about the same cost (cheaper with inflation factored in) dollar-wise.  35 year old ads do work. 

I just looked up Indus-Tool, Chicago.  I now don't believe they were the manufacturers back in the day, just a supplier.   They are still clicking along.  I wonder if they sold many of these.  Reading the history of this item, it goes back to 1982.  Apparently, a lot of government and I.T. companies have used these for eons.  I am considering getting one.  Don't know if anyone has used them for a home set up.

Well, here is the real answer from their own website.  TrippLite is the originator.  Nice to see a company support a product for almost 40 years.  The case is still metal, not plastic.  Looks like a solid product. 

About Indus-Tool
COZY division - Indus-Tool's flagship line, was founded in 1964.
Safe, insulated, thermostatic foot warming panels and mats to combat cold feet and legs at desks, workstations and tables. Radiant heating panels and mats are much safer and more efficient than space heaters.

POWER division Power protection products for computers and other sensitive equipment: UPSs, battery back ups, surge suppressors, voltage regulators and line conditioners. Products manufactured by TrippLite.