IGNORED

Paddle controllers only moving the game sprite all the way left/right

Spectreman

First, if the paddles are new to you and were not know to yourself to be previously working correctly I would open it and check that it is wired as in the schematic available here in case someone has modified them or made an incorrect repair.

Does the problem exist on both controller ports/paddles or just one?

The resistors in the paddles charge up a capacitor, as the paddle is turned its resistance changes, altering the current used to charge the capacitor, the more current the faster it charges. I would check the capacitors, if there is a bad solder joint affecting the connection to the capacitor it may not be charging.

A bad TIA could be another or solder joint to the relevant TIA pins could be anther problem. 

• Like 1

The paddles worked in another 2600. The problem is with the console hardware.
This console had a av mod and got all the caps replace. Maybe some cap can be causing interference.
But is possible the cause is the TIA chip because when the paddles are connected in the second jack and I move one of the paddles to the far right, the colors in the screen change.