IGNORED

Accelerated 6502!

danwinslow

23 minutes ago, danwinslow said:

I would just like a compatible accelerator that would add some extra speed but not radically change the machine.

In 100% agreement there.

I am in favor of "going-places" turbo-speeds well beyond anything we know, IF and only IF we don't neglect the current architecture and level of performance. In other words, that we always retain the choice or decision to fall back to legacy operation, at will, and with no adverse effect.

1 hour ago, danwinslow said:

Well, true, and that's the point. I'm more on the conventional side of the argument. If you change too much then you might as well just use a modern machine.

I would just like a compatible accelerator that would add some extra speed but not radically change the machine.

So, we make it faster... how about memory enhancements? Rambo?. Linear memory? Programmable OS?

Faster is pretty simple. It's all the other things that make it complex.

Bob

3 hours ago, bob1200xl said:

So, we make it faster... how about memory enhancements? Rambo?. Linear memory? Programmable OS?

Faster is pretty simple. It's all the other things that make it complex.

Bob

Bob, I simply gave my opinion. I already know the line is blurred, if that's your point. Faster may not be all that simple, since we've only one accelerator in common usage and it has compatibility problems. Anything anybody wants to do is fine by me, I'm not judging. The point of the thread is that maybe this thing can be adapted to do something cool for the Atari 8 bit world.

• Like 1