IGNORED

Donut Dodo - (in VCS Store)

marss

8 hours ago, Mockduck said:

This video is from Pixel games, and they stated in the comments that it would be coming to the VCS "if approved by Atari."

Can't see why Atari would not "approve" the game since there very little confirmed pipeline games coming.  Sounds like an excuse not to confirm they really are bringing it to the VCS.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am really excited about the release of Donut DoDo. It’s like a combination of Donkey Kong and Popeye, all rolled into one. It really does resemble a lost arcade game from the 1980s. 

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the developer will be making his release window of December. Initially on his YouTube page, he had mentioned that he was still waiting on approval from Atari. 

During his latest video upload of Donut DoDo, the developer had mentioned that Atari approved Donut DoDo for release on the VCS, but that was some time ago.

There hasn’t been any updates on his Twitter account either. Any idea if the game was delayed until January 2022?

It just dawned on me that I should have asked about Donut DoDo here, instead of starting a new thread. My apologies!

Originally, Donut DoDo had a release date of December 1st, but unfortunately that never happened. Just recently (after commenting on his latest Donut DoDo gameplay video), the developer said Atari approved the game for release on the VCS, and all that was left to do, was to add some finishing touches to the game before releasing it in December. 

This was about a month ago. Does anyone know if Donut DoDo was delayed due to the Holidays? I’m just excited to play it.

On 12/17/2021 at 8:06 PM, ColecoGamer said:

I am really excited about the release of Donut DoDo. It’s like a combination of Donkey Kong and Popeye, all rolled into one. It really does resemble a lost arcade game from the 1980s. 

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the developer will be making his release window of December. Initially on his YouTube page, he had mentioned that he was still waiting on approval from Atari. 

During his latest video upload of Donut DoDo, the developer had mentioned that Atari approved Donut DoDo for release on the VCS, but that was some time ago.

There hasn’t been any updates on his Twitter account either. Any idea if the game was delayed until January 2022?

I haven't heard anything but it seems unlikely to be released in December at this point...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

Someone on Discord stated that the Dev and Atari had a disagreement and now it is not coming to the VCS.  Sorry I can't recall who said that.  I wish Atari would validate these things.

Hmm that's interesting and a little surprising, considering the same company has already released a couple of games on the VCS. We shall see...

• Like 1

Again guys, this is hearsay from someone on Discord.  I don't know if it is true or not but as I recall it was one of the better informed persons on there, so I think the info has some validity.  I hope he is wrong though as I was looking forward to this one as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

Again guys, this is hearsay from someone on Discord.  I don't know if it is true or not but as I recall it was one of the better informed persons on there, so I think the info has some validity.  I hope he is wrong though as I was looking forward to this one as well.

Yeah exactly. I remember there was some bluster that delayed the Sydney Hunter release but it still made it. Both sides are interested in making money so I have a hard time believing a deal won't/can't get done. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...