IGNORED

Donut Dodo - (in VCS Store)

marss

• 1 month later...

News regarding the dev as posted on Discord by @Jani Penttinen

@everyone I just heard from @zapposh | pixel games! He's alive, but in a serious condition. He gave me permission to deliver this message to the VCS community. He will post here later, but it may be much later. He caught a bad case of Covid-19, and was in coma for 2 months. He is still in intensive care at the hospital and it will take a long time to recover. I know everyone's been wondering what happened to Donut Dodo and where did he disappear - now we know. Please keep him in your thoughts! He is a dear member of our community, and an amazing game developer. As some of you know, I was hospitalized with Covid in December and I can tell you, recovery from it was not easy. I was nowhere near as seriously sick as he was, so he will need a lot of time. Most important is that he is awake from coma - with Covid, when they put you in coma, that's kind of the last possible thing the doctors can do to save your life.

Very sad but hopefully he will make a full recovery and be back at it as soon as he's healthy again.

Thank you Jani for the update.  Keep us informed if there are any changes.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Djmicklovin said:

I’m glad he’s alright and the game ended up getting finished but “we’ll see” isn’t a good answer for those hoping for a VCS release. I don’t get a good vibe from that, hope i’m wrong.

The "We'll see" was in response to a question asking if VCS would get a June 3 release to coincide with Steam.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully online leaderboards for the VCS version can be added in the future via a patch it’s not a deal breaker for me but I understand why it may bother some. I’m just happy the game is releasing on VCS. I’ll still be picking it up immediately for the VCS and will purchase the Steam version to. 

• Like 1