Rev

The REAL Fun Amico Conversations Thread

Just now, mr_me said:

Only the current NFT owner should be able to transfer ownership.

Works like it does on a Credit Card.  You don't loose your RFID Everytime you use it.

1 minute ago, mr_me said:

Only the current NFT owner should be able to transfer ownership.

Ok, but that's not how it works. It's a double tap of the RFID card, and the serial number.

But say it did. Then the RFID card is useless instead.

On 10/17/2021 at 12:17 PM, Rev said:

That cartoon was cheezy, but better than the last big budget movie. 

The only episode I every liked was Ghost Fight at the O.K. Corral.  It was actually pretty good.

We all have a full house...Aces and Eights... Deadman's Hand... you cheated stranger.  Lol.

3 hours ago, MattPilz said:

Interesting sidenote, back in 2015 there was an unrelated Intellivision Kickstarter about redeveloping the games for modern hardware (starting with Astrosmash, Shark Shark and Night Stalker). It had a low turnout of backers (less than 7% funded) but Tommy was a backer. I sometimes wonder if that experience and seeing low traction for Intellivision conversions on Kickstarter led to the decision to pursue larger investors for Amico. Tommy has embraced Kickstarter for many successful projects with his VGM Live collections.

Wow, that sure was an out of touch kickstarter. I don't think Amico would've done that bad, all considered. 

2 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

If any of you guys are fans of the show "Bob's Burgers" you might have enjoyed the episode that was basically a tribute to classic arcade games.  In the show, there's a game called "Burger Boss" that genuinely looked fun.  Someone in the fan community stepped up to the plate and made a free web game.  It made me smile.  

http://gpanimations.com/BurgerBoss/index.html

yessss.  that's a great episode!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

Back then, it wasn't Tommy at the helm, right?

Doesn't look so from the KS? Also the whole project is dramatically less ambitious, almost in a sad way, doesn't really feel like his. 

3 hours ago, PeterPepper said:

I don't think so. I mean BT Party is a decent game but I really like the original. I will need to find it but I am pretty sure Tommy said it would be like the original. Not that I am interested in it or anything....😏

Doesn't BT Party also have the "classic mode"? Not a big fan of the exhausting handholding nor of the overall aesthetic, but it looks a lot like a game that would be fitting for Amico (it would need exclusive content anyway). 

6 minutes ago, Retrodon said:

Doesn't look so from the KS? Also the whole project is dramatically less ambitious, almost in a sad way, doesn't really feel like his. 

Yeah, it didn't become much of it either.

1 hour ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

Isn't that too 3D? 

3D is allowed IIRC, it just needs to be simple and easy to navigate. 

10 minutes ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

No roaming 3D worlds, wouldn't that be one?

I mean, they're still sections, I could see a simplified version of a similar game. 

1 hour ago, ashtonm said:

It was very well done. Lots of good information revealed 

I still consider this the best interview done of an INTV employee.   Nick answered all those questions extremely well and was a breath of fresh air. 

2 hours ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

Nobody explained the lore earlier by the way? What's the deal with bacon? How is it a "silent protest"? Is this an AtariAge thing, or an internet thing that has flown above my head?

There was once a very long Atari vcs (the new one) thread that turned into a taco thread (long story), sometime last year, maybe it was 2019 some people tried to start a Amico thread and call it the bacon thread. Also, cmart is Canadian. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Retrodon said:

Doesn't BT Party also have the "classic mode"? Not a big fan of the exhausting handholding nor of the overall aesthetic, but it looks a lot like a game that would be fitting for Amico (it would need exclusive content anyway). 

Yes the "single burger" mode is what I think has classic mode.  I agree with you on the aesthetic...not a big fan either. I like the co-op mode, but there will probably need to be some sort of exclusive something to get it on Amico. 

57 minutes ago, ColecoJoe said:

Also, cmart is Canadian. 

So does that make his pictures Canadian bacon or just fancy ham?

9 hours ago, ColecoJoe said:

There was once a very long Atari vcs (the new one) thread that turned into a taco thread (long story), sometime last year, maybe it was 2019 some people tried to start a Amico thread and call it the bacon thread. Also, cmart is Canadian. 

Thanks! That explains a lot!

As a parent of a 3 year old, I don't think he could get the hang of the Amico controller.  I can tell you since he was 2 he can wield a tablet like it's nothing.  I was very impressed.  But he still isn't great even on a Atari 2600 joystick. 

I personally wouldn't go after that demographic.  5 to 6 maybe. But they will need to choose more relevant titles.  The current choices are not what most kids are watching nowadays.  

I'm probably one of the few parents with young kids that lived during the Intellivision Atari Age. In my mid 40s. Most of my peers have kids in high school and graduated.  

Can they entice young parents? Couldn't say. 

I guess I still feel we will end being the main audience.  Old school gamers. That being said,  limiting your reach may not be a great idea. Nintendo used to limit their titles to be more family friendly and it hampered their sales a bit. Despite having gigantic IPs. Intellivision doesn't have gigantic IPs. But they could grab some 3rd party ones if they relax the no direct ports. 

My son (7) really didn't get the hang of joycons until recently. He is a bit better with the Switch pro controller now but he still has challenges on games like Mario Kart and Yoshi's Crafted World. He plays Minecraft on his computer and Animal Crossing with no issues though. So yes, probably a bit older than preschool would be best if its beyond educational games.

I agree with you on what kids are watching. My kid is going through a Pokemon phase but is also very obsessed with Transformers Academy, Legend of Korra, and Ninjago. All of what he watches is streaming, nothing really on TV (we don't have cable). I think its probably hard to pinpoint relevant titles within this market as well. 

Now he wants to play Roblox since his friends play it now. 

2 hours ago, ashtonm said:

As a parent of a 3 year old, I don't think he could get the hang of the Amico controller.  I can tell you since he was 2 he can wield a tablet like it's nothing.  I was very impressed.  But he still isn't great even on a Atari 2600 joystick. 

I personally wouldn't go after that demographic.  5 to 6 maybe. But they will need to choose more relevant titles.  The current choices are not what most kids are watching nowadays.  

I'm probably one of the few parents with young kids that lived during the Intellivision Atari Age. In my mid 40s. Most of my peers have kids in high school and graduated.  

I guess I still feel we will end being the main audience.  Old school gamers. That being said,  limiting your reach may not be a great idea. Nintendo used to limit their titles to be more family friendly and it hampered their sales a bit. Despite having gigantic IPs. Intellivision doesn't have gigantic IPs. But they could grab some 3rd party ones if they relax the no direct ports. 

Another here, 44 with kids aged 6 - 17.

43, with 15 and 17 year old.  My kiddos have been doing keyboard/mouse and controller games since they were toddlers.

4 hours ago, ashtonm said:

I think they have a decent shot at grabbing the overprotective parent audience group.

• Like 1

He shouldn’t quit his day job, if he has one. So obsessed with Tommy he names his YouTube channel after him. Names a band after him? Wow! Kinda like an online version of one of those stalker fans. Apparently, he also has a thing for the former CEO of Ouya. Maternal thing? Also, probably the biggest conspiracy theorist. 

17 minutes ago, Swami said:

Slimeball. He shouldn’t quit his day job, if he has one. So obsessed with Tommy he names his YouTube channel after him. Apparently, he also has a thing for the former CEO of Ouya. Maternal thing? Also, probably the biggest conspiracy theorist. 

He's entertaining. Just relax and enjoy it.