IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 14 Round 21 - Space Dungeon

DamonicFury

Welcome to the twenty-first round of the 14th 5200 HSC season!  Space Dungeon won the poll by two votes.  Play using the default settings. Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

The high score was set by rubeon with a score of 945,735 points.  Beat this if you can for a bonus point! 

The ROM and manual can be found here: https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=661

Round ends Sunday, October 31st, 2021 @9pm EST

Hope this killer game is more popular than the Battlezone prototype was!  Just one more round after this one.  Thinking of running a special post-season multi-homebrew round after that to get us all through the holidays.

Standings:

rubeon - 766,800

Cafeman - 45,410

roadrunner - 36,020

Krytol - 9,905

1 hour ago, DamonicFury said:

Sad to see this excellent game seeing so little participation.

Space Dungeon is a twin stick game, but it plays pretty well on Altirra using arrow keys and an extra game pad. I'd like to take another crack at it and hope I can find time to hook up my console to try to really excel at it this time. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cafeman said:

32,620.    Nobody else going to give Space Dungeon a play? 

hsc sd 5200 32620.png

It’s a bit weird, right?  Space Dungeon is one of the best games for the system IMHO.  

As these year-long seasons go on, it often becomes impossible to catch up to the leaders, and perhaps that reduces participation.  If so, maybe shorter HSC seasons are in order?  I dunno, but I’m open to suggestions on how to boost participation.