IGNORED

Alley Cat does not work. Why?

Please watch the video.
I was going to play "Alley Cat," but this is what happened.
I booted the XEX file from SIDE3, and the ATR file from Fujinet 1.5, but the screen collapsed in both cases (the game itself seems to be working). Can someone please tell me why this is happening?

Edited by kurosawa6502

21 hours ago, Wrathchild said:

Surely there's an xex version out there that has a disable-basic prefix tacked onto it?

[Edit] Yep, take the one from the Homesoft disks: http://www.mushca.com/f/atari/index.php?idx=A#003|ALLE_CAT

I was able to boot all the images that were placed on the above sites. Unbelievable. What is the difference between this and the countless image files that I have downloaded and could hardly boot?

Anyway, for now, I just want to thank you.
I was lucky enough to ask a question on this forum and get your answer.

• Like 1

As written on Topic for newbies or veterans returning to Atari

Homesoft (games in XEX and ATR format when XEX isn't available, continually updated and cleaned - no intros, no unpacking delays, no glitches - click on download button on the right, extract zip file and you'll get all games inside A-Z folders).

There are other very useful collections (Atarimania, Fandal, Atarionline...) but Homesoft is unvaluable to run best versions of a good selection of games.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say this was very helpful.  When I couldn't properly load "Space Mines!" in high score club recently I thought it was just a FujiNet thing (since I could load the same file in an emulator).

I had the problem again just this afternoon with Blue Max, and realized that I should try replacing the files I have with the Homesoft ones.  Voila - it worked perfectly.

For me the file would seem to load completely, but then restart over in an endless loop rather than finish and start the game.  The Homesoft version simply loaded.

Thanks!

if it works on a real drive, it should work on whatever emulation device as well, the only caveat being actual hard drive use when one can't use an image slot and must use a hard drive capable DOS

Homesofts solutions help make that more possible.

Edited by _The Doctor__