IGNORED

5200 prototype dumps

ianoid

@Tempest Not sure if these are on AtariProtos.com, but here are three prototypes I dumped that I recently picked up. They should all work as they were tested on real hardware and the bins were tested in emulation.

5200 Baseball 4-14.bin 5200 Berzerk 8-3 blue label.bin 5200 Xevious 11-15.bin

Edited by ianoid
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

There is no chance in the taking of the photos of the prototypes. Only action! Xevious seems to be signed by the programmer. I actually also have the source code on green bar but have not figured out a way to scan it without tearing the seams or spending forever doing it myself. Plus it's super wide and wouldn't fit on my scanner. Eventually it will get scanned.

So happy the forum has drag and drop. 

5200_9211D.JPG

5200_9212D.JPG

5200_9213D.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ianoid said:

There is no chance in the taking of the photos of the prototypes. Only action! Xevious seems to be signed by the programmer. I actually also have the source code on green bar but have not figured out a way to scan it without tearing the seams or spending forever doing it myself. Plus it's super wide and wouldn't fit on my scanner. Eventually it will get scanned.

Ping Al, I think he OCRed the Cookie Monster Munch source code I got my hands on years ago.

What's the date on the Xevious source code?  Is 1-4-84 the final version?

• Like 1

Is the Xevious game, the version that can ve obtained as repro-carts here on atariage, or new/other version/game?

@ianoid and others here: could be nice to have screenshots from the games.

(I don’t have a PC at the moment; doing everthing from iphone + pad. Why I don’t get to just run emulation right now ?‍♂️).

7 hours ago, Tempest said:

Assuming this is the final print out then I'm going to say that 1-4-84 is indeed the final version, or at least as far as it got.  

@Dutchman2000 also might be able to help you get this (and any other source code you have) scanned.  

Yes indeed I can. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 0078265317 said:

There are more prototypes on Ebay but this one struck me as odd.  Never saw an orange label before.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334147682716?hash=item4dccc1019c:g:cHUAAOSwTKthNsvR

I wouldn't think much of it. 5200 protos were widely shared. I guess it might be interesting to see what it is though.