IGNORED

Christmas demos?

eightbit

I have been meaning to ask this question, so hopefully somebody knows.

Historically each year I have always had a habit of using a C64 and playing looping Christmas demos on...well...Christmas. Stuff like the twisted xmas demos, xmas carol demos...that sort of stuff. It has always been a fun thing to do and the family get a kick out of the old 8-bit demos playing.

This year I would like to do that on the Atari 8-bit. Does anyone know of some good Christmas demos, or perhaps even a compilation of demos? Stuff that can run on a 64K machine?

Thanks!

snow man demo is cool as well

looks way better on the real thing... youtube does not do it justice..

It's beautiful and haunting at the same time... check out the STe original version as well.

We really do need some demoscene Christmas... the tools available graphic and sound as well as coding advancements would really cheer the world up!

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

snow man demo is cool as well

looks way better on the real thing... youtube does not do it justice..

It's beautiful and haunting at the same time... check out the STe original version as well.

We really do need some demoscene Christmas... the tools available graphic and sound as well as coding advancements would really cheer the world up!

What does that fat ball of ice think he's doing, kidnapping young children and taking them to strange moonlit rituals in the woods?? What if the kid fell from his slippery wet grip when flying (thud!). That'd put a damper on things.

A fitting end for wreckless Mr. Iceball.

6 hours ago, Level42 said:

Great graphics....but the music...... needs reworking....

He could knock it out of the park now with modern tools. He made this on the A8 in High School, with just BASIC and the tools he wrote himself, IIRC. ;)

Edited by Jinroh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Level42 said:

Great graphics....but the music...... needs reworking....

Yes. It didn't click like that in the original demo. I am not sure why the music sounds like that.

A few years later, I got one of those programs that pre-compiles BASIC programs. By then, I also realized that I didn't play a couple sharps in the key of D. 

I fixed the notes, sped up the music a little, but the music got a warble. I probably needed to slow it down, and I probably had floating point math in the original.

At that time I didn't know what it was, and I didn't want to bother figuring it out.

It was fun to revisit the past with this!

7 hours ago, Jinroh said:

He could knock it out of the park now with modern tools. He made this on the A8 in High School, with just BASIC and the tools he wrote himself, IIRC. ;)

Thank you. Too kind. It took forever to draw those pictures with my drawing program, which I also created in BASIC. Great memories!

I can't find the original on my PC, but I did find the original sped up version. It was out of control after that. LOL. I thought I found what was the original, but it seems to load and play a lot faster. I think it may just be accelerated in Altirra. Weird.

Edited by darryl1970
  • Like 4