IGNORED

Fight Stick remapping not working on Switch OS?

tripletopper

Hey has anyone else tried to remap their controller other than a Nintendo joy-con using the Nintendo switch OS remap feature in the options menu?

I noticed two strange things in that menu.  First my fight stick, which is using a brook Universal USB fight board when in USB mode, doesn't want to seem to remap.

Second strange thing I noticed was that if your joycons were in a grip, a plastic device that made two mini joycons work like one big Joycon, before it would list them as a United pair now it lets them as two separate controllers to remap.

There is some consequences to that.  That means you can't use the left stick for any function on the abxy or vice versa.  Nor can you switch sides of the ZL and ZR or L and R.

Of course the game allowing you to do it's overrides what Nintendo is doing with this.

Couple questions the old way I turned on the fight stick was hold down the quick kick button while turning on the ignition with a loose joy-con by pressing the power on that while holding the quick kick on the fight stick.

Is there a different way you have to activate it in order for it to understand the joystick OS remapping?

Is it just the brook Universal USB, or are there other USB fight boards, or does that include unofficed USB controllers and even maybe some authorized licensed USB controllers?

Is it specific to fight sticks or is it any kind of multi-button controller, like a Smash Brothers controller, or a third party authorized wired pad?

Other than the analog 3.5 mm telephone operator board route,  which is just a less destructive, more permanent, and more flexible way of rewiring the joystick, is the only way around this rewiring?

There appears to be some sort of detection issue with the controller remapping.  Certain classes of controllers are allowed to be remapped, others aren't.

Joycons and "pro controllers" always remap.  Some 3rd party stuff doesn't, and I'm not sure why.

I'm thinking there is some sort of "flag" that some 3rd party controllers DON'T use.

It's worth noting that if you use a Magic NS adapter (wired or wireless), ANYTHING connected to it is treated as a wired "pro" controller, and can thus be remapped.

(I haven't tested the official GameCube adapter out -- I wonder if you can remap those?)

Someone posted this in Reddit:

COMPATIBLE CONTROLLERS:

• Nintendo Switch Joy-Con

• Nintendo Switch Pro Controller

• Nintendo Switch Lite

• 8bitdo N30 Pro

• 8bitdo M30

• 8bitdo GBros Adapter

• 8bitdo Lite

• 8bitdo SN30 Pro+

• Mayflash Magic-NS (Purple mode)

• Brook XOne Adapter

• Brook Super Adapter PS3/PS4 to NSW

INCOMPATIBLE CONTROLLERS:

• Nintendo GameCube Controller Adapter

• Nintendo Switch Online Nintendo Entertainment System Controller

• Nintendo Switch Online Super Nintendo Entertainment System Controller

• Mayflash GameCube Controller Adapter

• Panda Global Ultimate GameCube Controller Adapter

• HORI Split Pad Pro Daemon X Machina

• HORI Pokken Tournament Pro Pad

• HORI Nintendo Switch D-Pad Controller (L)

• Taiko no Tatsujin Drum Controller

• PowerA Wireless GameCube Style Controller for Nintendo Switch

• PDP Rock Candy Wired Controller

• Retro-Bit Tribute 64

Well I tested the Brook Universal USB Fight Stick PCB (apparently one no one has tested before) and it currently seems like it's unremappable.

By the way the way I get the Brook Universal USB to be recognized is hold down  QK on the fight srick while you press the home button on a Joycon, like a remote car starter.

Maybe there is a different way to do the Brook Universal so it gets recognized.

Also my Hori Pad doesn't get recognized and that's an official third party controller.

Maybe the way it gets recognized has something to do with it.  Maybe if it's added not on boot up, but when "changing order" the Hori Pad and the Brook Universal does get recognized.

I'll try that now and report.

7 hours ago, tripletopper said:

Well I tested the Brook Universal USB Fight Stick PCB (apparently one no one has tested before) and it currently seems like it's unremappable.

By the way the way I get the Brook Universal USB to be recognized is hold down  QK on the fight srick while you press the home button on a Joycon, like a remote car starter.

Maybe there is a different way to do the Brook Universal so it gets recognized.

Also my Hori Pad doesn't get recognized and that's an official third party controller.

Maybe the way it gets recognized has something to do with it.  Maybe if it's added not on boot up, but when "changing order" the Hori Pad and the Brook Universal does get recognized.

I'll try that now and report.

They may have changed something in a recent update...