IGNORED

Intellivision box art trading cards

Rev

A few years ago on one of the Intellivision Facebook groups, Walter Day (founder of Twin Galaxies) posted that he had a few things for sale.  Included was a few sets of these Intellivision trading cards.  The post showed the front and back of some of them and I noted that my name was on the back of the Lock'n'Chase card!  I set the world record on Lock'n'Chase back in 2002 and a few years later it was quadrupled by famous high score player, Todd Rogers. In 2018 Twin Galaxies took away all of his high scores for some cheating allegations so, officially, I am back on top.  https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/lock-n-chase/intellivision

Anyways, I messaged Walter Day that I'd like to buy a set and he took my address so he could send me the proper cost for shipping. But I never heard back on a cost. A few weeks later, the set of cards showed up in my mail box!  I messaged Walter to say that I never paid him but I didn't hear anything from him after that.  So, I guess Walter Day gifted me a set of these cards!

• Like 6

I have some of the trading cards I would be willing to part with. I got these from the bowls that were all around the CGE 2014 booths.

I only took the Intellivision and gaming system cards.  You can see from the pics which ones I have.

I didn't plan on selling the signed Keith Robinson or the signed Burgertime but if the price is right I will part with them. Keith signed them for me at the CGE 2014. There are 2 or 3 duplicates that should be good fodder for trading if you know anyone else who has them.

PM me if you are interested in buy these.  I don't have a price in mind but if the offers are minimal I will just keep them. I have shied away from epay as they want to connect directly with my bank account (like that's going to happen).  I could not find any currently on epay to get an approximate price for them.  I guess it's just what they are worth to someone.

01.thumb.JPG.fc1073895942ce01126d3ba7a5ffdc07.JPG

02.thumb.JPG.70cc2be16769c40b06da0ec2cfeb6cc3.JPG

03.thumb.JPG.b9da99f9ef8bf528df4330a993d7b419.JPG

07.thumb.JPG.04fd67704f33f212fbb4f65344c2c9ee.JPG

05.thumb.JPG.620af77c717a7fb90fb72a47d7d81374.JPG

06.thumb.JPG.bd4ef280c67b12054db3529a93490da8.JPG

08.thumb.JPG.320d30dc249e08ae3b68a42c310c5456.JPG

09.thumb.JPG.8c0cfcf9acf53b4e8caae872261282b9.JPG

• Like 4

On 10/20/2021 at 6:50 PM, BigDumer said:

a few years later it was quadrupled by famous high score player, Todd Rogers

Let me guess, without any evidence? In case some may not know, the Cheat allegations were made, because he not only has shittons of unproven records, he also claimed to get an impossible record in the game Dragster on Atari 2600. His time was below the perfect possible time, which was figured out by tool assisted speedruns (which means you can put in the perfect input on every single frame of the game).

So congrats that you got your earned record back. The past of Twin Galaxies was pretty dark, but it seems they got rid of a big part of that.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ignorama said:

Let me guess, without any evidence? In case some may not know, the Cheat allegations were made, because he not only has shittons of unproven records, he also claimed to get an impossible record in the game Dragster on Atari 2600. His time was below the perfect possible time, which was figured out by tool assisted speedruns (which means you can put in the perfect input on every single frame of the game).

So congrats that you got your earned record back. The past of Twin Galaxies was pretty dark, but it seems they got rid of a big part of that.

Yes, there was no video evidence. I remember at the time it said that the verification method was "referee".  I assumed that there was some kind of competition but soon learned that Todd was the Twin Galaxies official who reviewed classic console scores (including Atari 2600 and Intellivision) and updated the high score database (for the record: Ron Corcoran was the person I sent my tape to...that's a whole other story). I actually found my way to Atari Age back then and basically what I read was that Todd was a great gamer with many records and was very trustworthy.  So I was happy to have my score beaten by a famous gamer and I moved on.

Also, here is the video of my high score: Intellivision Lock'N'Chase World Record - YouTube

Edited by BigDumer
  • Like 3