Rev

Amico Utah Thanksgiving Point demo reactions

54 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Amico being able to play a good portion of the OG INTV library actually interests me more than some of the more modern games on it.  Its the one example where that controller would really come in handy since you have a disc pad and could turn the screen into a number keypad for a more authentic experience.  The one thing that has been kinda crappy about INTV emulation is being able to find the right controller. 

Exactly.  You would think that IE would lean into that more that the controller is part of the Intellivision legacy where, hey, you can play Cloudy Mountain (2022?), but also can play Cloudy Mountain (1982) with an updated controller and menu system.  Or, at least something like that.  Same with Moon Patrol, Skiing, etc.  Have the new versions out with the old versions baked in too.  In mean, that is a win-win in my book.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Amico being able to play a good portion of the OG INTV library actually interests me more than some of the more modern games on it.  Its the one example where that controller would really come in handy since you have a disc pad and could turn the screen into a number keypad for a more authentic experience.  The one thing that has been kinda crappy about INTV emulation is being able to find the right controller. 

I think a good compromise would be to have some pack-in retrogames + sell the reimagined games with the original included. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

My point is why bother if there are only a couple hundred people watching?  They should be prioritizing channels that will actually move the needle for them.  They need people outside hardcore INTV fanbase to be interested in this console and doing these interviews with super small youtube channels is not going to help in that regard.  Why not do an interview with Metal Jesus Rocks?  I mean I'm not a fan of MJR, but he does have almost 1 million subs, so definitely would be worth Tommy or Nick's time.  Also, please have Nick do more of the interviews going forward, he's really good at answering questions. 

"Why not do an interview with Metal Jesus Rocks?"

That's a question for Metaljesusrocks.  How about Reviewtechusa, he has more subscribers than Metaljesusrocks.

There are lots of people following Amico that weren't Intellivision fans, look at the youtubers making videos.

Edited by mr_me

14 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

What?!  Simple as what?  Don't leave us hanging here! 😄

Simple as a grand slam at the World Series, of course.