IGNORED

Just bought my 1st 7800!

thund3r

Not bad, especially those two games which aren't too easy to find (certainly not piss common).

"Car Boot Sale" is UK terminology... it's a bit like a flea market in some ways. People come with stuff loaded in their car's boot (the trunk to you Americans) and sell it out of there. Or just load it on a table in front.

Something I found online--

There are two theories about the origin of "flea market," and although I'm fairly certain that one of them is actually a case of linguistic coincidence, we'll take them both for a spin. According to etymologist Christine Ammer, the first "flea market" may have been New York's raucous Fly Market, a fixture in Lower Manhattan from before the American Revolution until around 1816. The "Fly" came from the Dutch name for the market, "Vly" or "Vlie," which meant "valley," and was pronounced, you guessed it, "flea." Voila, "flea market." Maybe.

However, while the Fly Market certainly existed, and its name was evidently indeed pronounced "flea market," the actual origin of the term most probably lies in Paris, where Le Marche aux Puces (literally, "market of the fleas") was a popular shopping venue. Le Marche aux Puces took its name, as you might have guessed by now, from the semi-humorous (and probably at least partly accurate) popular perception that the market's ragtag goods were more than likely to be infested with fleas.

Something I found online--

There are two theories about the origin of "flea market," and although I'm fairly certain that one of them is actually a case of linguistic coincidence, we'll take them both for a spin. According to etymologist Christine Ammer, the first "flea market" may have been New York's raucous Fly Market, a fixture in Lower Manhattan from before the American Revolution until around 1816. The "Fly" came from the Dutch name for the market, "Vly" or "Vlie," which meant "valley," and was pronounced, you guessed it, "flea." Voila, "flea market." Maybe.  

However, while the Fly Market certainly existed, and its name was evidently indeed pronounced "flea market," the actual origin of the term most probably lies in Paris, where Le Marche aux Puces (literally, "market of the fleas") was a popular shopping venue. Le Marche aux Puces took its name, as you might have guessed by now, from the semi-humorous (and probably at least partly accurate) popular perception that the market's ragtag goods were more than likely to be infested with fleas.

As a side note, the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) when they have their annual air show in Oshkosh Wisconsin (It's a big deal, and is pretty cool to boot) have a 'FLY-Market', but I'm sure it's meant as a play on 'Flea Market'

Congrats on your find, thund3r! Here are some good games you should try out...

Asteroids

Centipede

Dig Dug

Joust

Food Fight

Commando

Ballblazer

Pole Position II

Alien Brigade

Donkey Kong & Donkey Kong Jr (both have horrible sound, but they're good gameplay-wise)

Tower Toppler

Fatal Run

Planet Smashers

Galaga

Ms. Pac-Man

And stay the hell away from Karateka!

I agree with you on Karateka. It was one of the first 7800 games I got (after Food Fight). It's horrid. I personally would skip DK and DKJR. I think the gameplay sucks worse than the sounds, IMHO.

Sean

Congrats on your find, thund3r! Here are some good games you should try out...

Asteroids

Centipede

Dig Dug

Joust

Food Fight

Commando  

Ballblazer

Pole Position II

Alien Brigade

Donkey Kong & Donkey Kong Jr (both have horrible sound, but they're good gameplay-wise)

Tower Toppler

Fatal Run

Planet Smashers

Galaga

Ms. Pac-Man

And stay the hell away from Karateka!