Sign in to follow this  
Jacob Livingston

Amico Physical Product Allocation Sold Out?

At the end of the first week of the physical products being available we were notified that we have a last opportunity to purchase before the initial allocation is sold out. Now that it's a week since that last opportunity - is it safe to assume that they would be sold out by not? If not, the sales would have drastically dropped off after the first week. If selling an undisclosed mystery subset number of the 50,000 units is a challenge, it may be an indicator of how this will play out.

I also think that the "allocation" term was only brought up when the sales were low as a way to spin this as a controlled success. The inventory counts were public for the first 3 days of sale and were tracked. Shortly after that, Intellivision hid the inventory count. If they were selling as fast as they implied I bet they would have loved to show that inventory count dropping down. Also, since they disabled the inventory functionality of the store (which would allow someone to specify a higher quantity than they have on hand) they had to update their e-commerce policy to indicate that a successfully paid order may not mean you'll get the product until the fulfilment process: "Automated order confirmations at the time of purchase does not imply Intellivision has accepted the order nor does it imply a confirmation of Intellivision’s intent to sell."

I wouldn't believe any of the numeric stats going forward. As an example, Tom just recently said in an interview that the first 48 hours of the physically products going on sale were high - which was within the 3 day window where we saw the inventory counts... 🤥

6 minutes ago, ashtonm said:

I was jumped on for suggesting this wasn't a cool move. Good luck. But yeah, too much cover up.

At least being jumped on by hot thin air, it doesn't have much of an impact. If these products are still available weeks after the LAST OPPORTUNITY email it says a lot on its own.

I think we're dealing with someone who has expertise in exaggerating numbers and purchasing awards. Proceed with salt grains. 

10 minutes ago, Jacob Livingston said:

At least being jumped on by hot thin air, it doesn't have much of an impact. If these products are still available weeks after the LAST OPPORTUNITY email it says a lot on its own.

I think we're dealing with someone who has expertise in exaggerating numbers and purchasing awards. Proceed with salt grains

Truckloads.

2 minutes ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

Truckloads.

Speaking of salt grains - here's what happens when you toss some over on the Mr. InTeletubbies thread:

4 hours ago, Jacob Livingston said:

I also think that the "allocation" term was only brought up when the sales were low as a way to spin this as a controlled success. The inventory counts were public for the first 3 days of sale and were tracked. ...

We know the number of reseller purchase orders for Amico consoles dwarfs the direct preorders.  Same goes for the boxed games and resellers had the boxed games up on their site for preorder well before the bundles were offered for direct sale. 

The totals that were being extracted from the order site are larger than the number of units that were manufactured, so those numbers aren't reliable anyway.

4 hours ago, Jacob Livingston said:

... and purchasing awards ...

That's another interesting accusation.  Care to elaborate.

• Like 1

Some people suffer from FOMO. This was a simple tactic to get those to order it.

It's a digital game and from my understanding the non-limited ones will have the same items in them. Not sure why people have FOMO over this.

• Like 2

The vast majority of sales were well before they announced limited quantities remaining.  So if there was a fear of missing out amongst collectors it wasn't triggered by the announcement.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mr_me said:

The vast majority of sales were well before they announced limited quantities remaining.  So if there was a fear of missing out amongst collectors it wasn't triggered by the announcement.

Do we even have any numbers on sales after the FOMO trigger attempt?

Either way, if it worked or not, doesn't change what it was.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

Do we even have any numbers on sales after the FOMO trigger attempt?

Either way, if it worked or not, doesn't change what it was.

Exactly.

Get them while they last!

Call in the next 20 minutes or you will miss this opportunity!

These will never be printed again!

Yadda yadda yadda 

• Haha 1

Got mine today.  They're nice.  They go back in the box and put in the closet like all the rest of the console crap I've bought.  Someday I'll take them out and laugh.  Then put them back in. 

I mean...who really comes to my house to see this stuff anyway.  Kids are grown and gone, guys I know meet at bars and BS there...maybe watch a football game, go out on a boat fishing.  But I bought them because I own a bunch of other Inty stuff and figured I'd add to the modern collection.  

They were cheaper than the $$ I spend on Switch games for Xmas, so why not.  Still kinda cool to own new Inty stuff in my book.  Lol.

Maybe they'll go under the annual Retro Xmas tree this year!

Edited by IMBerzerk

On 10/23/2021 at 7:34 PM, MrBeefy said:

Some people suffer from FOMO. This was a simple tactic to get those to order it.

It's a digital game and from my understanding the non-limited ones will have the same items in them. Not sure why people have FOMO over this.

Good thing I have FOWM (fear of wasting money) as this prevented me from even considering buying those.  Joking aside, out of the 8 games, I think there are only 2 or 3 that I'm interested in, so why buy the others?  I'm not even a collector! 🙄

• Like 3

I just purchased my 2nd set of 8 to keep a set sealed. Looks like they're not sold out yet... Sales must have really dropped after the email blast about almost being out. Seems to have had the opposite effect? There's no cause for FOMO here - you might even get them for cheaper if you wait since it appears that they're struggling to sell all of these. I'd wait at this point for a price drop. I'd dip in for a 3rd set at that time 😃

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Jacob Livingston said:

I just purchased my 2nd set of 8 to keep a set sealed. Looks like they're not sold out yet... Sales must have really dropped after the email blast about almost being out. Seems to have had the opposite effect? There's no cause for FOMO here - you might even get them for cheaper if you wait since it appears that they're struggling to sell all of these. I'd wait at this point for a price drop. I'd dip in for a 3rd set at that time 😃

They accidentally listed them individually for $0.00. It has since been fixed but it wouldn't surprise me if they were prepping to release them individually.

Since most everyone has bought their tchotchkes in bulk it might be time to try and get the FOWM crowd who only want certain ones?

So a month after the email blast stating that the allotment of boxed editions for sale were almost gone they are still available to purchase. All 8, or either of the 4 packs are all available still. Did sales drop to zero after the first week? Maybe sell them individually to encourage more sells at this point?

If sales slowed to a crawl after the first day or so, they can remain almost gone for a very long time.

They will be sold individually eventually.  I think some European sites are taking pre-orders for games individually right now.  These sets were made available for collectors anyway.

• Like 1