Sign in to follow this  
ashtonm

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right

Here I am, stuck in the middle with...who?

I think I may just completely pull out of the following the Amico until it launches. There are some REALLY weird dudes on both sides of this. And many are just creepy people I don't really want to be associated with.

I am interested in the system as an arcade style gamer...but I also think the project has been poorly managed and run. I believe this weird culture and counter culture has come from some of the poor decisions. Though some of it is just bad luck. But a lot seems to be just bad decisions and actions.

But I feel like it's not very fun to be in the middle of this thing. Attacked from both sides and in the end it's just a video console.

Carry on you crazy folks. 

• Like 1

Agreed I think the world would be better off in general if we all backed off on the social media a bit. I didn't follow any of the Amico hype and only recently saw some of the drama about the Amico on this forum.

Whatever, I don't care and I'll go back in the dark and just wait for my console to arrive.

• Like 1

So just do what I did and mostly stop posting in this section. This place has recently become home to humans who I consider to be very obvious and not very clever trolls who will not allow anyone to say anything positive at all. Those humans are not worth interacting with from what I can tell, so just don't do that and there you go. Problem solved. Am I buying the system? Yes. Why? Because I want to and because I can. I don't care about others' opinions of the Amico or its games. I'll decide that for myself when I get mine.

29 minutes ago, ashtonm said:

I do hope it comes out. I am looking forward to some classic remakes. 

Some Skiing and Baseball are going to be great! 

Biplanes,AD&D are probably going to turn out to be awesome as well.😊

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ashtonm said:

I think I may just completely pull out of the following the Amico until it launches. There are some REALLY weird dudes on both sides of this. And many are just creepy people I don't really want to be associated with.

I am interested in the system as an arcade style gamer...but I also think the project has been poorly managed and run. I believe this weird culture and counter culture has come from some of the poor decisions. Though some of it is just bad luck. But a lot seems to be just bad decisions and actions.

But I feel like it's not very fun to be in the middle of this thing. Attacked from both sides and in the end it's just a video console.

Carry on you crazy folks. 

I don't know about that. I think there's a few weirdos on either side that are hateful and unreasonable, and then they smear the image of their side for the other side. But it's actually not so bad. Just don't pay attention to the extremes and it will be fine. ;)

• Like 1

I've been a memebr of this group for many years and at times argued a few points like any other club or group.  Jeeze...to categorize us as Clowns and Jokers and make yourself sound like you're above all the rest of us sound a little self-serving.  Maybe a step back and rethink the strategy is in order?  Maybe you're creating the atmosphere that you are living in?  

I find the people in this community very helpful and knowledgeable...and especially easy to talk to.  Check the ego at the door and expect to get a little razzed and joked with.  No one ever said come join...but now that you're here, realize that your opinion will be checked by others...like mine is, like others are.  

Because of the people on here I've learned a ton about the hobby and have been able to actually talk with an original BSR. We've seen some grat stuff posted over the years and have helped the hobby grow.

Just because a game system isn't turning out how your grand vision was presented to you in your dream, doesn't mean the rest of us need to be put down because of it.  

Please take a break from this forum and maybe come back once the Amico has been released.  Then maybe there will be some actual physical hardware you can argue over.  But until then...this, mine, yours, the others and everything we have seen is still in the works and heavily speculated on.  

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

I've been a memebr of this group for many years and at times argued a few points like any other club or group.  Jeeze...to categorize us as Clowns and Jokers and make yourself sound like you're above all the rest of us sound a little self-serving.  Maybe a step back and rethink the strategy is in order?  Maybe you're creating the atmosphere that you are living in?  

I find the people in this community very helpful and knowledgeable...and especially easy to talk to.  Check the ego at the door and expect to get a little razzed and joked with.  No one ever said come join...but now that you're here, realize that your opinion will be checked by others...like mine is, like others are.  

Because of the people on here I've learned a ton about the hobby and have been able to actually talk with an original BSR. We've seen some grat stuff posted over the years and have helped the hobby grow.

Just because a game system isn't turning out how your grand vision was presented to you in your dream, doesn't mean the rest of us need to be put down because of it.  

Please take a break from this forum and maybe come back once the Amico has been released.  Then maybe there will be some actual physical hardware you can argue over.  But until then...this, mine, yours, the others and everything we have seen is still in the works and heavily speculated on.  

To be fair, I was talking about the community around this console that mostly lives outside of this forum.  Swami creeps me out and shat all over me continually and wouldn't stop being negative.  

You can take it as me being on a high horse if you like. But yes, trying to ignore the Amico until it releases.  Hopefully eventually people will calm down about it. 

Clowns and Jokers was a clever (great song) way of talking about the extreme sides on this. I stand by those thoughts. Only a few of those types in these forums from what I have seen. 

3 minutes ago, ashtonm said:

To be fair, I was talking about the community around this console that mostly lives outside of this forum.  Swami creeps me out and shat all over me continually and wouldn't stop being negative.  

You can take it as me being on a high horse if you like. But yes, trying to ignore the Amico until it releases.  Hopefully eventually people will calm down about it. 

Clowns and Jokers was a clever (great song) way of talking about the extreme sides on this. I stand by those thoughts. Only a few of those types in these forums from what I have seen. 

It is almost Halloween. Wooooooo!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Swami said:

It is almost Halloween. Wooooooo!

Stop it... You're creeping me out.  Hahaha 

Screenshot_20211025-205841~2.png

2 hours ago, PeterPepper said:

Cool...thanks for the nightmare fuel 

Hahahaha. 

Guess where this is from.... 

Hint... famous Kid's movie 

7 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

Hahahaha. 

Guess where this is from.... 

Hint... famous Kid's movie 

Nightmare Before Christmas.  I love that opening theme; Danny Elfman is a talented dude. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tommy2D said:

Nightmare Before Christmas.  I love that opening theme; Danny Elfman is a talented dude. 

Is Nightmare before Christmas a halloween movie. I would have guessed otherwise from the title, LOL. I see have to see this. Thanks guys for remining me of its existence.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

Bingo!  I love all his movies..

Here's a fun video I did many years ago using Witch Hunt from Rush as the music.  The sound is a little off but I was experimenting with video editing at the time.  Not to side-track the conversation....but to end it on a fun note.  

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 1

Just now, ashtonm said:

We may not agree on everything, but at least you have a great taste in music :)

Speaking of Rush and Lip Syncing....

Hahaha Bubbles!!

SOB was lucky enough to actually get a gig with Rush.  They've always been know to have had a great sense of humor, including Peart..but he was more of an introvert when it came to fans.  

https://youtu.be/rs4qn_bHQQ0

Since we are talking Rush tributes, this one was done earlier this month.  Not bad considering how challenging the music is, especially for a marching band...

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 6:54 PM, ashtonm said:

Clearly You listened to K-Billy's super sounds of the 70's. Its my personal favorite!

I won some tickets to a Monster Truck extravaganza from that station!