Jump to content
wnelson

Looking for Rabbit Trail by Funware

Recommended Posts

Hi, just joined today. I've been a reader and an occasional buyer at AA for years, just never joined the forum. I'm a retro gamer that collects for over 30 different consoles, all hooked up and playable at any given time. I don't collect complete sets or anything, I just have shelves in my game room dedicated to each console. When a shelf is full, I'm maxed out on that console. So I avoid the garbage shovelware and pick just the games I want. Well I have one spot open on my TI-99 shelf, and I'm saving it for Rabbit Trail. Problem is, can't find one. I have one local game store that has an old box of TI games, but mostly the educational and non-game programs. Ebay is my only source. Currently there is only 1 listed, and it is a sealed copy that some idiot in France is asking over $400 for. I don't collect sealed games, I actually play them, loose cart is all I need. A few months ago there was a loose cart up for auction, but the label was badly damaged. If anyone here can help with either selling me one, or telling me where I can look, it would be much appreciated. I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong area, I'm new.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello and welcome! :) 
I have some Funware game but I do now remember if I have the Rabbit Trail, need to check.
in which country are you?

Of course, I guess you are interested only in original products and not recent reproductions or the Finalgrom99 with SD memory for the games you likes, is it right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the U.S., but pretty sure the games are region free. And you are correct about Finalgrom, I'm not very tech savvy, and prefer the authentic original cartridges. I stay away from everdrives, emulation, etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ah yes, all games are region free indeed. My question was also to understand the kind of shipment needed eventually because I am in Italy and if you was in EU was easier.
Anyway in the U.S. you can have a nice source for the ti99 stuff like @arcadeshopper maybe he can help in someway.

I also checked but I haven't available Rabbit Trail, I have Ambulance and probably another one like Driving Demon of the Funware games.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your help all the way from Italy! I'm glad I joined Atari Age! Arcadeshopper had 1 copy in stock, and for a reasonable price as well! No picture posted, but I will hope for a clean label. Grazie!!!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wnelson said:

Thank you for your help all the way from Italy! I'm glad I joined Atari Age! Arcadeshopper had 1 copy in stock, and for a reasonable price as well! No picture posted, but I will hope for a clean label. Grazie!!!

If you have label problems with any Funware cart, I have reproduction vinyl labels that work great as replacements for seriously damaged/missing Funware labels. I believe @Toucan has mentioned he even has a few original Funware labels for a couple of titles.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 hours ago, wnelson said:

Hi, just joined today. I've been a reader and an occasional buyer at AA for years, just never joined the forum. I'm a retro gamer that collects for over 30 different consoles, all hooked up and playable at any given time. I don't collect complete sets or anything, I just have shelves in my game room dedicated to each console. When a shelf is full, I'm maxed out on that console. So I avoid the garbage shovelware and pick just the games I want. Well I have one spot open on my TI-99 shelf, and I'm saving it for Rabbit Trail. Problem is, can't find one. I have one local game store that has an old box of TI games, but mostly the educational and non-game programs. Ebay is my only source. Currently there is only 1 listed, and it is a sealed copy that some idiot in France is asking over $400 for. I don't collect sealed games, I actually play them, loose cart is all I need. A few months ago there was a loose cart up for auction, but the label was badly damaged. If anyone here can help with either selling me one, or telling me where I can look, it would be much appreciated. I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong area, I'm new.

Interestingly enough, I don't think any of the Funware games were ever sealed in box. At least none of the new ones I bought from Jim Lesher ever came that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Toucan said:

 

Interestingly enough, I don't think any of the Funware games were ever sealed in box. At least none of the new ones I bought from Jim Lesher ever came that way.

I bought three titles from one of the European Funware vendors (Driving Demon, Ambulance, and Henhouse). One of my friends also purchased a sealed copy of Rabbit Trail from the same vendor. All four came with little French/German manuals (from TELEDEC/CARRERA, which was the European distributor, IIRC). There was also a round TELEDEC/CARRERA sticker on the boxes. Those boxes were all sealed in shrink-wrap plastic. All of my other copies were bought second-hand, so I can't speak for the US-release versions of the boxed cartridges.

 

All NOS ROMOX cartridges I have ever seen did come in shrink wrap though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

I bought three titles from one of the European Funware vendors (Driving Demon, Ambulance, and Henhouse). One of my friends also purchased a sealed copy of Rabbit Trail from the same vendor. All four came with little French/German manuals (from TELEDEC/CARRERA, which was the European distributor, IIRC). There was also a round TELEDEC/CARRERA sticker on the boxes. Those boxes were all sealed in shrink-wrap plastic. All of my other copies were bought second-hand, so I can't speak for the US-release versions of the boxed cartridges.

 

All NOS ROMOX cartridges I have ever seen did come in shrink wrap though.

My Funware titles came from French retailer artotasoft all shrink wrap. Tigervision titles from  Teldec Germany those not sealed. 

All Romox titles I have are shrink wrap.

20211025_194544.jpg

20211025_194651.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are correct--Ariolasoft was for the Funware titles and TELDEC/CARRERA was TigerVision. I bought my copy of Espial from that hoard too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...