IGNORED

gemini protocol browser: VIRGIL99

jedimatt42

VIRGIL99 v1.7 - VIRGIL99

pull down menu consolidates access to address prompt, history page, and about page. 

history is a stack... so as you go back, things pop off it. history and about pages do not get added to history. Pages that fail to load do not get added to history. History is also constrained to a single 4K SAMS page, with the interesting behavior of a queue, so oldest items will fall off to make room for new items. History is never written to disk. 

some improvements to long URL handling... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

VIRGIL99 v1.7 - VIRGIL99

pull down menu consolidates access to address prompt, history page, and about page. 

history is a stack... so as you go back, things pop off it. history and about pages do not get added to history. Pages that fail to load do not get added to history. History is also constrained to a single 4K SAMS page, with the interesting behavior of a queue, so oldest items will fall off to make room for new items. History is never written to disk. 

some improvements to long URL handling... 

Test driving it.  Slick interface!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've updated VIRGIL99 to support bookmarks (via the pull down menu) and view history. I think I have finally fixed the bugs in history/back button. 

You can also pass a DV80 file on the command line, or in the address editor to view local files... each record will be a line... If they are plain TI text, then they should display fine. If they are TI Writer CR enriched files, IDK... It'll either display fine, or you'll get doublespaced text... LOL... Feel free to let me know. 

TI Writer Formatter files with all the markup and stuff will just show the markup... some escape codes will just get gobbled up and hidden. It's just not meant for that. 

The default place the books go is TIPI.FC.VIRGIL.BOOKMARKS

You need to make that TIPI.FC.VIRGIL. directory cause I forgot too ( I'll fix that later ) 

You can also set the ForceCommand environment variable VIRGIL_FAVS to the full path of a file to use if you prefer some other location... 

makedir TIPI.FC.VIRGIL

or

makedir IDE1.VIRGIL
VIRGIL_FAVS=IDE1.VIRGIL.MYFAVS

You can add a bookmark to the current page by using the '+bookmark' menu item. You can edit and order the bookmarks in any DV80 editor, such as ED or Stevie. The format is simply a gemini URL per record(line).

ForceCommand v2.2 drop over at: 

• Like 1

Oh, Arcadeshopper had some astonishment about the format of URLs in the address entry field, which is true of links on a page and those passed in the command line... So it is worth explaining...

VIRGIL99 has 3 builtin URL scheme (the part before the first colon) 

- about

- history