IGNORED

The Atari Store needs a 'Cart'.

leech

I've been a Steam owner for a very long time, and my tendency is to buy a few games at a time.  But it is annoying that I have to buy games one at a time.  I never save my CC on any sites (call it paranoia if you'd like), but this makes it annoying to not be abe to add a few games in, then purchase instead of click one, buy, click another, buy, etc.  Just makes it less likely I'll buy anything...

Hopefully a cart gets integrated into the store in future especially as more games become available!, I was actually thinking about this feature when I was purchasing the two new 7800 games on Friday lol it’s definitely a little bit annoying purchasing them individually but it should be easy enough for them to add into the store going forward. 

4 minutes ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Hopefully a cart gets integrated into the store in future especially as more games become available!, I was actually thinking about this feature when I was purchasing the two new 7800 games on Friday lol it’s definitely a little bit annoying purchasing them individually but it should be easy enough for them to add into the store going forward. 

Yeah, I ended up buying 4 games last night.

I think that a cart will come along with the ability to generate codes from purchases, to give games to others.
A wider range of payment offerings also.
I don't have any special information on that, but I think I read a reply from Atari on Discord. I could be wrong!

On 10/25/2021 at 1:39 AM, leech said:

I've been a Steam owner for a very long time, and my tendency is to buy a few games at a time.  But it is annoying that I have to buy games one at a time.  I never save my CC on any sites (call it paranoia if you'd like), but this makes it annoying to not be abe to add a few games in, then purchase instead of click one, buy, click another, buy, etc.  Just makes it less likely I'll buy anything...

You shouldn't be paranoid about using a credit card or saving it in your profile.  You can always contact the credit card issuer and they'll repair and harm or damage caused to your credit card account.  I WOULDN'T save your debit card because it's not protected like a credit card.

1 hour ago, ConstititutionalCommando said:

You shouldn't be paranoid about using a credit card or saving it in your profile.  You can always contact the credit card issuer and they'll repair and harm or damage caused to your credit card account.  I WOULDN'T save your debit card because it's not protected like a credit card.

But why even risk the hassle, that is my point.  After all the data breaches in the world, why risk it?

13 minutes ago, leech said:

But why even risk the hassle, that is my point.  After all the data breaches in the world, why risk it?

Not mention the clean up effort on your end..   calling the credit card company, being told they are experiencing "unusually high call volume" and put you in a queue for 45 minutes.  Have them issue a new card that takes 5 business days to arrive-  Then you have to go and update all your online accounts with the new number.    Only to have it get caught in a data breach the next week forcing you to repeat the process.

Besides that, not much hassle ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zzip said:

Not mention the clean up effort on your end..   calling the credit card company, being told they are experiencing "unusually high call volume" and put you in a queue for 45 minutes.  Have them issue a new card that takes 5 business days to arrive-  Then you have to go and update all your online accounts with the new number.    Only to have it get caught in a data breach the next week forcing you to repeat the process.

Besides that, not much hassle ?

Ha, exactly!  For the VCS, I ended up using privacy.com.  virtual CC basically.