IGNORED

Panorama Cotton 100% Genesis and SNES reissues on preorder now

jgkspsx

Strictly Limited games is reissuing for €50 a pop the somewhat pricey Super Famicom Märchen Adventure Cotton 100%:

C08A734E-55A7-4093-AA08-8FB2FF0DAA50.thumb.jpeg.3ec0a7120fd37ea318e74363d6f030ff.jpeg

(a solid if not particularly unique horizontal scroller, with more of a standard cute em up feel)

and the staggeringly expensive Mega Drive Panorama Cotton:

E992EA6E-FD94-416C-BACC-3F43CE183A6E.thumb.jpeg.260e9f7282dc674d914f73ddc8fcc8df.jpeg

Panorama Cotton is possibly the Genesis’s most impressive example of Super Scaler-like software scaling, throwing tons of smoothly scaling sprites at the screen for a near 3D effect. And it’s a lot of fun, too!

Beyond the garishly branded* box art it’s pretty exciting to have fully licensed reissues of these games available again. Dragonbox is manufacturing them. I think I remember hearing decent things about their quality.

They are also releasing Switch and PS4 versions… with one 16 bit game per card or disc. Ridiculous. I am holding out for an ININ US release with both games combined.

I hope they stick with the sketch artwork as the fully finished artwork shown on the modern system releases is pretty rough.

If you’re interested you can get them here: https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/collections/all

* I don’t know why companies think they can just replace the system name with their own. It makes most things look like cheap bootlegs.

I am not getting excited for any of these games anymore.    "One 16 bit game per disc".  Everything is so scammy these days.  Never again after the Darius fiasco, and the R Type Final 2 fiasco.  Fiasco is a weird worse to use, I'm coming up short here.

EDIT - just realized i mentioned Darius and R Type which I don't even think were limited run games..  

Edited by NeonSpaceBeagle
  • Like 1

Oooh I was hyped and ready to click to buy -- then saw Stupid Lazy Grifters were selling it.  They burned that bridge, they have nothing I want after that stunt they pulled with their last Cotton release, even took myself off their mailing list. :(

Inin also did COTTON too, SLGs Cotton for a little less money and been selling it for months now, unlike the SLG a-holes who still won't honor those who paid for it because their royal heinies haven't sold through their 100% quota of what they want to publish...which at this rate will NEVER happen.  Why pay more, and wait until eternity to get it?  Hell of a concept right? :)

Will anyone else maybe ININ again be re-issuing these games propertly?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

I don’t think anybody but SLG is doing the cartridge release for Genesis/MD and SFC/SNES.

I think you are unfortunately right. lol I think I'd rather go pay the 60000 yen for a real copy of Panorama Cotton, as at least then I'd get it before I die of old age. I actually don't particularly care for Panorama Cotton, though, as I dislike its incredibly choppy everything.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I don’t think anybody but SLG is doing the cartridge release for Genesis/MD and SFC/SNES.

14 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I think you are unfortunately right. lol I think I'd rather go pay the 60000 yen for a real copy of Panorama Cotton, as at least then I'd get it before I die of old age. I actually don't particularly care for Panorama Cotton, though, as I dislike its incredibly choppy everything.

I was ragging on the SLG (Slow Lazy Group) trash who will, as Steve there put it... have you die of old age before you get it.  For now, only they're physical.  Maybe they'll be morons yet again and ININ will yet again swoop in the save the day.  I mean seriously when it comes to anything cotton so far, SLG can suck it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I was ragging on the SLG (Slow Lazy Group) trash who will, as Steve there put it... have you die of old age before you get it.  For now, only they're physical.  Maybe they'll be morons yet again and ININ will yet again swoop in the save the day.  I mean seriously when it comes to anything cotton so far, SLG can suck it.

I ordered a game from them on October 25. October 25 of last year. Still has not shipped. I have no further interest in this company. At least my unborn descendants will get something nice if they ever ship it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...