IGNORED

Print Shop Linefeeds

toddtmw

Hi. I’m trying to use print shop with my Panasonic KXP1091 and I’m having trouble getting it to line feed correctly. 

The printer has a dip switch for linefeed. If I turn that on, it is always too much linefeed (to the point that when I do print shop setup, the diamond is too far apart to be either option) so I leave that off. 

depending on how I set it up in print shop before, my choices are solid diamond or split diamond, or solid diamond or squiggle. 

it seems to switch between these every time I run setup. 

once I answer the diamond question and save the settings when I print, it either prints with white space between each line or it prints the whole picture on one line. 

I’ve tried on an incognito 800 (in both XL and Colleen mode) and on a stock 800XL. I’ve tried using an Atari 850 interface and a Grafix AT. 

has anyone seen this? Do I have a bad copy of the software or something? I feel like I’ve experienced this before but cannot remember how I solved it. 

anyone know how to solve this?

thank you!

the printer support 3 modes, standard (panasonic/Epson RX80), ibm proprinter 1, and ibm proprinter 2....

it also supports 2 bit modes 7 bit and 8 bit...

it also can handle microfeeds

you can try making sure the correct switch are set and the correct printer is picked in print shop(they must agree)... failing that search out an additional drivers disk for print shop or roll your own.

Edited by _The Doctor__

how much space? a microfeed, a pin, a line, a complete character height?

did you adjust head gap if it's a small tiny fractional amount?

how is the paper fed? is it slipping? would a cleaning or pressure adjustment help.

does the problem exist with other graphics printings from other software?

Edited by _The Doctor__

if the same make and model try setting the switches in the non working one the same as the working one...

Matthew Ratcliffs Antic program "Custom Print" (March, 1985) has an option for quadruple density dot graphics on the Gemini l0X printer.

The Panasonic KX-P1091 also has a quadruple density dot graphics mode? To modify Matt's program for the Panasonic, change the lower case "z" in line 320 to an upper case "Z".

https://www.atarimagazines.com/v4n12/ioboard.html

shows how to modify the calender program to use the KX-P1091 in both draft(fast) mode, and Near letter quality mode...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1