IGNORED

Alien Trilogy Saturn, Marvel vs Capcom Dreamcast

cvgplus

I am looking for an Action Replay Cartridge for Sega Saturn and Alien Trilogy US version as top priorities. Also Marvel vs Capcom: Superheroes US version for the Dreamcast. I can buy online but hoping to get it faster here. I have a Primal Rage Pal Saturn copy that just came in today and my son and I want to play it, lol.

Edited by cvgplus
more info

56 minutes ago, Dopy25 said:

I looked on ebay but not on Amazon, so thanks for the info. Wife has an account and if I don't find one by tomorrow evening, will probably have to pull the trigger on this.

• Like 1

It is noteworthy to add that if you are every again on the market for an AR all of those $40 Action Replay carts (and most on ebay) I am fairly certain are clones. They still work, but they are cheaper...as in cheaply made. As least in my experience vs the actual carts that were available when the Saturn was still on the market.

Due to the fact that there are so many of these out there, the real ones are increasingly difficult to find. One way I have used in the past to ensure I got a real official AR is to find one with the 25 pin serial connector on top. That has not been cloned to my knowledge...at least they are certainly difficult to find and I am fairly certain any one with a serial connector is going to be the real deal.

Most people probably do not care however and will just buy one of the readily available carts on Amazon...and if that is all you can find then what can you do.

image.thumb.png.50ff67bda2992beea98f736084a362b0.png

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, madman said:

There are plenty of the Saturn ARs on EBay, first result is for $35.99 shipped from a US seller. And yeah, they're clones, but EMS has been making them for a long time. I'm amazed there is still enough demand for them to keep making them.

I hear that. They are everywhere. Ebay, Amazon...even Aliexpress! Might be more of these in existence than actual Saturns at this point ;)

On 10/26/2021 at 10:28 PM, NinjaWarrior said:

If you just wanna play with your son, Go for Flash Carts for the Saturn & Dreamcast, Just look them up

They are not "flash carts"...they are ODE's. And the thread starter didn't mention anything other than the fact that he wanted to buy a few real games and an AR cart.

Edited by eightbit

1 hour ago, eightbit said:

They are not "flash carts"...they are ODE's. And the thread starter didn't mention anything other than the fact that he wanted to buy a few real games and an AR cart.

Action Replay no longer needed. Came in today and works great with using Pal Version of Primal Rage. My son will only play original games, he's on the spectrum and knows more about Sega than most people, myself included lol. Anyways, he has all Sega Systems and add ons except for the Pico and Nomad. I only have a Genesis, Dreamcast and Game Gear btw.  He wants his own game collection separate from mine so I do all I can to make it happen. Just sucks how expensive stuff is nowadays lol. But we have fun playing and that is all that matters. 

• Like 2

On 10/28/2021 at 9:28 PM, cvgplus said:

Action Replay no longer needed. Came in today and works great with using Pal Version of Primal Rage. My son will only play original games, he's on the spectrum and knows more about Sega than most people, myself included lol. Anyways, he has all Sega Systems and add ons except for the Pico and Nomad. I only have a Genesis, Dreamcast and Game Gear btw.  He wants his own game collection separate from mine so I do all I can to make it happen. Just sucks how expensive stuff is nowadays lol. But we have fun playing and that is all that matters. 

I have a Sega Pico, my kids used to play it, but they got older and don't want to play it. I have bunch of games for it. Make me fair offer.