IGNORED

Atari 2600 . 2nd Gen Style Games on the Genesis

Gemintronic

So, I was wondering if people would find pre NES style games interesting on the Genesis.  By that I mean:

* Focus on gameplay over content

* No finite limit to possible game levels

* Different game modes

* No obsession with system defying graphics and sound

There's something wonderful about pre NES games that I'd love to bring over to the Genesis.. but, would anyone even give it a shot with huge 80meg titles and classics from Konami. Treasure, etc..

Are we talking about games like Adventure, Yar's Revenge, Montezuma's Revenge being remade on the Genesis/Megadrive with slightly upgraded visuals and gameplay? 

3 hours ago, Zeptari1 said:

Are we talking about games like Adventure, Yar's Revenge, Montezuma's Revenge being remade on the Genesis/Megadrive with slightly upgraded visuals and gameplay? 

Less remaster and more original games with the game design of early video games.  You didn't buy a game to burn through content.  You bought a game that grows with your skill level.  So, yes like Adventure in that it's unique and replay-able.  But, no.  Not just the same game with super enhanced assets.