IGNORED

Lynx I Mizucat Art Project

Rick Dangerous

Hello All, I wanted to share a Lynx I of mine i'm having painted by German artist "Mizucat" AKA Jaqueline Ruther.  She's really talented and has done a TON of gameboys and Nintendo stuff but very limited Atari.

Here is her website to check out past work: 

HIRE - mizucats Webseite!

this is just the base coat so far but i'll upload the final project.  I'd like to get her to do more Atari stuff, will probably send her one of my scratched up 7800's next.  This lynx has the BenVenn LCD screen and fresh caps already so should be 100% museum piece (or gamers delight) after this work is done. 

For the record yes it was very scratched up and i didn't send in a pristine Lynx or anything to be painted. 

Enjoy!

Lynx1.jpeg

Lynx2.jpeg

Lynx3.jpeg

Lynx4.jpeg

• Like 3

I like that quite a bit myself! Reminds me of designs on my Trapper Keepers back in the 80s!

If only I had a fully working Lynx with a less than ideal cosmetic case. I do have a 7800 in a pretty scratched up case though...Hmmm?

Yeah I'd say that late 80s style was prevalent ca.1987-1992 :love: I remember the early 90s Swatch watches, they looked really fantastic.

@Rick Dangerous What a great looking Lynx you're going to get! Very nice idea to ask her to paint one. I've considered it too, but always waste any extra cash on retro computers too fast.

Edited by Turbo Laser Lynx
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

The final product.  I'm going to send a scratched up 7800 her way for sure. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 10.25.21 AM.png

Hmm... a 7800 is a good idea. Would only have to send the upper case shell I guess in this case? Saves on the shipping costs for sure.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 9:16 AM, Rick Dangerous said:

Good call on the upper shell! 

Well I was only stating that because it looks like on the Lynx 1 it was only the top shell that was painted right? So if that is the standard practice for her commissions then you would only have to send in the top shell of the 7800. Just have to live with the fact that a good portion of the 7800 wouldn't be painted in that case.

• 5 months later...
On 11/2/2021 at 3:42 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

The final product.  I'm going to send a scratched up 7800 her way for sure. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 10.25.21 AM.png

Nice!  That reminds me of a car stereo amp from the 90s, and it's driving me crazy that I can't recall the brand.

OK - found it courtesy of Williston Audio's youtube channel:
Starting in the late 1980's, Precision Power began offering special amplifiers in white with artwork by Carolyn Hall Young (RIP)

16570d1389508728-used-ppi-art-series-amp

• Like 1