IGNORED

Under the influence of hunger

neogeo1982

On 11/3/2021 at 12:26 PM, neogeo1982 said:

Im surprised more people haven't commented on here, maybe everyone hasn't gotten theirs yet. 

I got mine maybe a little over a week ago.  I've played to three Game-Overs, only once reaching a dungeon area.  I enjoyed it more with each game, and I can't wait to play more, but life has been crazy lately.  I also just got my first Nintendo Switch, and I've barely had time to play that.  It's not like back in the Jaguar's day, when I could get a new game and pour dozens of hours into it each week.

Anyway, I really like what I've seen so far with Kings of Edom.  I actually took the time to read through the manual, and I'm looking forward to playing more of it. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, neogeo1982 said:

Whoah! Have you stopped to eat today? 

XD my first play was about an hour, but disturbed by a child dancing around me. The second one was probably about 3 hours, mostly the one run through all the levels got lucky I think with some good starter stats and some magic, followed by a lot of painful level 2-4 deaths. 

1 hour ago, Mikebloke said:

Yesterday did one run to floor 10 for an hour, but no crowns. 

Today did two hours and got to end of floor 12 again with only one prior death on floor 2. 2 more crowns, one more left! 

DSC_1002.JPG

Very nice, only one crown left for you.

It looks like a crown not so far in the clockwise direction on the star, e.g. it should not be to hard to find.

Let's see who find all crowns first?

Scoreboard:

@Mikebloke 10 crowns

@neogeo1982 7 crowns

@K3V 6 crowns

4 hours ago, Mikebloke said:

I've been playing, but dying XD get to level 5-7 sometimes but no final crown yet. 

You have to get to at least level 6 (the columns), or later to find the crown you are missing. The chance for it to be generated increases for each level beyond level 6. Eventually you will find it.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, phoboz said:

You have to get to at least level 6 (the snow landscape) or later, to find the crown you are missing. The chance for it to be generated increases for each level beyond level 6. Eventually you will find it.

I don't mind, I love these style of games. I've already been thinking what kind of challenge runs I can do after. 

'Fruitarian' run where I only pick what's on the ground and not buy anything is one possible game! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, neogeo1982 said:

I tried a "magic" user run a couple times but it took me a very long time and the trolls would 1 hit me without dumping a lot of points into strength. Which kind of defeats the purpose...

Try using magic against the elemental monsters, like fire bat, ice bat. Different spells are good on different monsters depenging on the element. Read the messages about the effect in the message box to learn about the effectiveness. Avoid the trolls unless you are good at melee combat, or have the highest level on the lightning spell (this spell also has a wide reach, good for attacking large group of monsters)

Edited by phoboz