IGNORED

Champ Games at the Music City Multi Con in Nashville this weekend!

Albert

Music City Multi Con

If you're going to be in the Nashville, Tennessee area this weekend (or you can get there!), be sure to stop by the Music City Multi Con! Atari 2600 developer John W. Champeau of Champ Games will be attending the show, with a large booth showcasing all of his amazing Atari 2600 homebrew titles as well as upcoming games currently in development. Available for purchase for the first time will be the brand new RobotWar:2684, which isn't even available yet in the AtariAge Store! RobotWar:2684 is John's latest arcade-inspired game and an amazing accomplishment on the 2600. It even supports a simultaneous two-player mode that you won't find in the arcade game! In addition, John will be speaking on several panels about homebrew games, so if you want to learn more about homebrew development and all that entails, you don't want to miss these talks.

The Multi City Multi Con takes place this weekend, October 29-31 at the Farm Bureau Expo Center in Lebanon, Tennessee. Music City Multi Con is the perfect event for the video game, comic, music, and pop culture fan. Featuring over 100 arcade and pinball machines, over 100 video game consoles, Esports Tournaments hosted by Kumite in Tennessee, and the largest Pinball tournament in the state. You'll also find tabletop gaming, a cosplay competition with cash prizes, and a kids costume contest. Plus over 12 special guests running presentations and panels all three days. Don't forget the large vendor room selling games, toys, and all the cool geek stuff you love. There will be food vendors on site so you don't have to miss out on any of the convention. Lastly, there are two huge outdoor stages and a music lineup of over 40 DJs playing all weekend. Rain or shine the music will go on since the crowd will be covered at both stages.

Here's a render of the RobotWar: 2684 box for those who haven't seen it yet!  :)

2600_RobotWar_Render_Boxes.jpg

And here are all the games he'll have available for purchase (with boxes as well, not pictured here!):

john_carts_01.jpg

john_carts_02.jpg

Wish I could attend the show, sounds like it will be a lot of fun.  If anyone here is able to attend, please take some photos and post them here!

..Al

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting this Al!  Here is a render of the booth we'll have setup, it's pretty large! :o 

1267624424_ScreenShot2021-10-27at1_00_36AM.thumb.png.0ae0e83af41309b8ce05295d54401fee.png

Unfortunately, my brother Paul cannot make the trip as originally planned and my fiancé Maureen is feeling sick and won't be going either, so I'll be running the booth solo. ?  If you happen to be in the area and would like to volunteer to help run things, send me a PM!  I'm sure I'll be able to hook you up with one of those 25 RobotWar carts (signed :cool: ) as a way to say thanks! ;)  

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Crazy Climber said:

Does it bother anyone else there is one mappy and one zookeeper separated from the rest? No? Just me? :)

Not at all, when I'm building games I fill these bins starting from the lower-left corner, and then when I reach the top of a column I begin at the bottom of the next column, working my way right.  :)

..Al

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Albert said:
Music City Multi Con

If you're going to be in the Nashville, Tennessee area this weekend (or you can get there!), be sure to stop by the Music City Multi Con! Atari 2600 developer John W. Champeau of Champ Games will be attending the show, with a large booth showcasing all of his amazing Atari 2600 homebrew titles as well as upcoming games currently in development. Available for purchase for the first time will be the brand new RobotWar:2684, which isn't even available yet in the AtariAge Store! RobotWar:2684 is John's latest arcade-inspired game and an amazing accomplishment on the 2600. It even supports a simultaneous two-player mode that you won't find in the arcade game! In addition, John will be speaking on several panels about homebrew games, so if you want to learn more about homebrew development and all that entails, you don't want to miss these talks.

The Multi City Multi Con takes place this weekend, October 29-31 at the Farm Bureau Expo Center in Lebanon, Tennessee. Music City Multi Con is the perfect event for the video game, comic, music, and pop culture fan. Featuring over 100 arcade and pinball machines, over 100 video game consoles, Esports Tournaments hosted by Kumite in Tennessee, and the largest Pinball tournament in the state. You'll also find tabletop gaming, a cosplay competition with cash prizes, and a kids costume contest. Plus over 12 special guests running presentations and panels all three days. Don't forget the large vendor room selling games, toys, and all the cool geek stuff you love. There will be food vendors on site so you don't have to miss out on any of the convention. Lastly, there are two huge outdoor stages and a music lineup of over 40 DJs playing all weekend. Rain or shine the music will go on since the crowd will be covered at both stages.

Here's a render of the RobotWar: 2684 box for those who haven't seen it yet!  :)

2600_RobotWar_Render_Boxes.jpg

And here are all the games he'll have available for purchase (with boxes as well, not pictured here!):

john_carts_01.jpg

john_carts_02.jpg

Wish I could attend the show, sounds like it will be a lot of fun.  If anyone here is able to attend, please take some photos and post them here!

..Al

Whaaaaat!  I need to get a plane ticket now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Caerimonia said:

Does this mean Robotwar will be coming to the AtariAge store soon for purchase?

Yeah, Ive been holding off on Zookeeper because I knew RW was coming soon (figured I'd wait and order together) I'm pretty pumped for it!

Edited by Crazy Climber
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 3:40 PM, Crazy Climber said:

Does it bother anyone else there is one mappy and one zookeeper separated from the rest? No? Just me? :)

That wouldn't fly on my shelf, lol, would drive me crazy!

I'm probably not the furthest away from Nashville, but it's still quite a haul. Wish I'd known about this sooner, but I might jump in the car here in a bit...

I may need to start going to retro gaming things now that I have stuff that's considered retro lol. I know living in Georgia we have Free play Florida, what else happens in this direction? Would have to save up a ton of cash and bring home a ton of goodies like John has.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

A few pics from the Multi Con

Awesome, thanks for sharing some photos!  Was really curious how everything looked, that's a nice looking booth!  And of course I always love seeing people enjoy the homebrew games.  Also, you kick ass for flying out there to help John out with the show!

..Al

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Avenger75 said:

It seems there is a "Turbo Arcade" cartridge presented in Multi Con ? Is it the rom of the demo of the game?

Yes it is.  There are demos for Turbo Arcade, Gorf Arcade, Lady Bug Arcade and Qix. 

26 minutes ago, littaum said:

I would love to hear what Joe and Jane Q. Public say about the games ... do they say "wow, these Atari games are a lot better than I remembered from back in 1982!" ?

Yes they do and they are getting a Qix out of playing them.?  It provides an opportunity to make them aware of the ongoing game development as well as, AtariAge.

• Like 8

On 10/28/2021 at 6:49 PM, Frozone212 said:

i would LOVE to go to nashville but COVID and my (mild) fear of flying doesn't really sound all that good. Don't have VR either. 

How i wish there could be one in California.

So you are afraid of flying AND spiders?