IGNORED

Atari World magazine (1995)

I'm not familiar with the magazine personally, but it looks like Exxos has all 11 issues available. They're not the best scans, as you can see the whole flatbed from the scanner and they haven't been straightened, color corrected, or OCRd, but they're perfectly readable. It sounds like they're still a work in progress, but for now they're posted as-is.

There are also 16 issues of Atari Computing magazine. I'd never heard of that one either and have no way of knowing if that is a complete run or not.

Remember, Google is your friend.

Enjoy.

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/mags/mags.htm

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, bfollowell said:

I'm not familiar with the magazine personally, but it looks like Exxos has all 11 issues available. They're not the best scans, as you can see the whole flatbed from the scanner and they haven't been straightened, color corrected, or OCRd, but they're perfectly readable. It sounds like they're still a work in progress, but for now they're posted as-is.

There are also 16 issues of Atari Computing magazine. I'd never heard of that one either and have no way of knowing if that is a complete run or not.

Remember, Google is your friend.

Enjoy.

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/mags/mags.htm

Thank you.  In all of my searching, his site never came up.  Perhaps my searches have been too detailed thanks to reading Google Hacks.  Desktop publishing, scanning, and layout is what I do for a living.  Perhaps I can fix up the remaining issues.

1 hour ago, MasterMotorola said:

Thank you.  In all of my searching, his site never came up.  Perhaps my searches have been too detailed thanks to reading Google Hacks.  Desktop publishing, scanning, and layout is what I do for a living.  Perhaps I can fix up the remaining issues.

No problem. You are very welcome.

Enjoy!

5 hours ago, bfollowell said:

That is the complete run of Atari Computing, it was a subscription only magazine that was formed after Atari World went under. The infamous Atari World issue 3 caused it to be withdrawn from W H Smith which was (is?) the largest news agents (magazine vendor) in the UK at the time. The magazine did continue on after that but loosing such a major distribution outlet must have been a blow.

On 10/30/2021 at 6:48 AM, bfollowell said:

Actually we spent a lot of time straightening them up as much as possible. Are they 100% perfect ? no, but unless your going to invest several months of your life in doing something which nobody cares about. 

I did a lot of colour corrections on them as well. I spent a lot of time doing so and got them as good as can be. There was a trade-off between "noise" and losing image quality as well. A lot got stuff got manually edited which took ages. Removing marks and creases etc, took huge amount of time. I have higher resolution scans and a lot of pages were even redone, but why spend the time when there was only me who cared about preserving them in the first place. 

The "scanner background" you are referring to , nope, that was because I couldn't find a way to export all the image to pdf with anything which didn't actually crash. Nobody came forward to help.  The border was down to the PDF processing not the scanning. These all took several months of myself and girlfriend to do, but with comments like that, makes me wonder why we even bothered. Such as people generally do these days. 

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend. To me, at least the couple that I checked out, they looked a little washed out and almost colorless. I'm not familiar with the magazine though, and maybe that's how the originals looked. I know we had several late run Atari magazines here in the states that didn't have a lot of color either, and were printed on paper of almost newspaper stock quality. By your own comments on the page there is still much to do to finish, so I took that to mean that these were just initial scans without a lot of finishing. My comments weren't meant as a critique of your time and efforts and I apologize for how I worded that. Your efforts are definitely appreciated, and I'm sorry that I implied otherwise.

• Like 1