Jump to content
Crazy Climber

Starting Atari 2600 collection from scratch, follow my progress :)

Recommended Posts

Loving the thread.  My obsession has been arcade machines so I never collected Atari 2600.  When this started there was a list of 404 original carts.  You currently are at 429.  Assuming the overage are alternate labels, homebrews and unofficial releases, how close are you to completing the original list of 404?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CaptainBreakout said:

What you're doing does look pretty fun.  I'm impressed that you somehow have kept the average cost of the games so low.

 

A good amount of my collection goes back to the $1 garage sale days, but some of the rare Activisions certainly set me back since I hunted those down more recently.  Pressure Cooker, Cosmic Commuter, Kung-Fu Master, Ghostbusters... I think I paid 20-40 bucks each.

 

So yeah!  You are on a wavelength! Keep it up!

 

 

Thanks man!

 

I think a lot of things helped keeping the cost low...

 

The #1 reason would be atariage

many members here have been very generous, fair and extremely helpful in taking the time to go through their extras to further my mission :) I've got some great deals here and it wouldn't have been possible otherwise!

 

Some other things that helped....

 

  - Luck

Sometimes I just got flat out lucky

 

 - Having the cash ready

I basically saved the money up first this time (vs buying now and then when I have the extra cash available) this way I didn't have to turn down any good deals...because no matter how good a deal is, if you don't have the money, you miss out

 

 - Taking risks

I've sent numerous messages to ebay sellers that don't specialize in atari (99.9% of their stuff is non atari) although the game doesn't always say untested, you just know it hasn't been. I'll send a low offer saying "As is sale if the game doesn't work no refunds" I'll also say no rush on shipping, take a few weeks if you need it. Got some pretty good deals this way but lot's of rejection too haha

 

 - Condition

Some of the games I have bought are in terrible condition...but they were cheap!!

 

 - Time

Speaking of rejection, 90% of the bulk offers I make on ebay are rejected. I'm embarrassed to say how much time I have spent on this but we've been really slow at work so it's mostly done on the clock...but yeah, patience and the ability to let it go if it's too expensive (at my peak I was easily contacting 30+ sellers a day with offers, most were rejected lol)

 

 - Lot purchases (and collecting label variations)

People are willing to give a much better deal if you are buying 20+ games, you also save a pile on shipping. For instance, the Gyruss and Skeet Shoot I just bought could have easily been $5 each in a lot but start buying them individually and they nickle and dime you to death. Pretty much any solo game besides a super common will cost at least $10 shipped, just not worth their time otherwise. I think thats how a lot of not so rare games end up costing $20+ when they should be $5ish. Adding label variations allowed me to buy much bigger lots from people and get better deals...all of a sudden instead of needing 8 of their games I would need 25 and a few games that might have cost me $15+ individually get priced around $5 or so. I'm running out of large lot options though so it might get expensive now lol

 

 

 

3 hours ago, Classic 80s GMR said:

Loving the thread.  My obsession has been arcade machines so I never collected Atari 2600.  When this started there was a list of 404 original carts.  You currently are at 429.  Assuming the overage are alternate labels, homebrews and unofficial releases, how close are you to completing the original list of 404?

 

Nice! I used to collect arcade machines a long time ago. Over the years I had hundreds of them (not all at once of course, maybe 10 or so at any given time) I don't have any now though haha. Just sold my last one (BK pinball machine) last summer. Here is a pic of my basement back when I was pretty into them...

 

1573064383_arcadebasement.thumb.jpg.47bce8d802c74a2f6118d49bc07efefa.jpg

 

That was a LONG time ago though...

 

As far as the "404 list" I'm not sure. There has to be around 25 or 30 R9's and R10's on that list which at this time I'm not gunning for, so add that number to the games on my wanted list that aren't label variations (probably around 40ish?) and I guess that would put me around the 330 out of 404 mark. I'm curious now so I'll probably have to take a look and get an exact number haha

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say... this topic is inspiring me to do something somewhat similar.  lol  Similar but different.  ;) But as fun as it has been watching this over the past month (it's only been a month!) I would want to stretch my adventure over a longer term... maybe the course of a year.  Regardless, I'm sure it would be fun!  Keep going!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Crazy Climber which games are you the most happy to have in your collection right now? I remember always having a few that might not necessarily be the most rarest, but for whatever reason I just enjoyed them.

 

I will say I have been very tempted to restart my collection after seeing this topic progress, but I know I just don't have the space. Nonetheless thank you for sharing everything as it is a lot of fun reliving it through your posts.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe now is the time to let the collection bake. Go into slow mode and start accumulating a few games every now and then. It's what I did way way back in the day, sort of, but it got out of control too many times. Though I have been good with gradual light acquisition of Apple II material. After getting off my phase of accumulating manuals at a moderate pace for 2 years - I have plans on purchasing about 10'ish all of next year.

 

My MAME philosophy follows that too, early on at the end of the dotcom era I ramped up and configured all my favs from the 70's through the 90's. And since about 2010 I may have added 2-3 games per year. MAME is always simmering on the back burner. This summer I was enraptured with DoDonPachi, so I added that.

 

Sustainable little bits of enjoyment here and there instead of a crushing onslaught that clogs everything up.

 

Despite emulation taking next to no space, it can feel heavy if there aren't rules & regulations put in place. So I have a big-ass catch-all dumping ground HDD. And a couple of favorite removable SSD cartridges with worthwhile classic timeless stuff I like. Think EverDrives for emulators on PC.

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, King_Salamon said:

I have to say... this topic is inspiring me to do something somewhat similar.  lol  Similar but different.  ;) But as fun as it has been watching this over the past month (it's only been a month!) I would want to stretch my adventure over a longer term... maybe the course of a year.  Regardless, I'm sure it would be fun!  Keep going!!

Yeah...that kinda WAS my goal too, but like you said...its only been about a month!!! Hahaha

 

I highly recommend it. I forgot how much fun it is and was able to do a lot of things differently this time that helped keep it more mellow. I remember I used to get so pissed off if I lost an auction or someone beat me to a good deal, so many stupid little arguments here on the forums between a few of us...this time around I went in with zero stress/etc, just rolled with it, no expectations, its totally worth it 😃 

 

13 hours ago, Omegamatrix said:

@Crazy Climber which games are you the most happy to have in your collection right now? I remember always having a few that might not necessarily be the most rarest, but for whatever reason I just enjoyed them.

 

I will say I have been very tempted to restart my collection after seeing this topic progress, but I know I just don't have the space. Nonetheless thank you for sharing everything as it is a lot of fun reliving it through your posts.

 

Dude, you totally should. Will be like the old days again 😃 Yeah, Ive got a few that stand out for whatever reason. Always like spectra and zimag stuff...xonox double enders, kool aid man haha.

 

My absolute favorites though are these...

 

20211222_132611.thumb.jpg.461e542b3752781b34a0a8da0daefeda.jpg

 

20211222_132435.thumb.jpg.ba934e164f49d25f5e307ce7607b53e1.jpg

 

Withe the exception of ...

 

 - Cosmic Creeps (have one on the way)

And

 - Beefsteak Tomatoes (still looking!) 

 

It is my exact atari cartridge line up from the 80s. I can pretty much remember when/where I got every one of these and have countless memories with all of them (Atari was a pretty big deal at my house back when it was hot, even my parents were sending in scores to Activision, etc...) 

 

This one is pretty special to me too

 

20211218_180130.thumb.jpg.737446e36ef86ef0e7647bf800a38a2b.jpg

 

In the late 90s I played a few games of Atari 2600 Jr Pac man on a thing called an "emulator" that my room mate had on his, I want to say, Gateway computer (?) It reminded me of how much I use to love atari so I started buying old games from various places. I didn't play them (we had this weird new emulation thing I could use lol) just put them on a shelf and looked at them now and then. They were cheap and nobody wanted them, not to mention my friends laughed at me haha, but I don't know, I wanted them...I missed them I guess.

 

Somewhere along the line, in the early 2000's, I acquired "Polaris" ??

 

I'd never heard of it, didn't even know Tigervision made atari games...long story short I used this new thing called "the internet" and eventually found atariage. I was blown away by all the games I had never seen or heard of... Sure, I had found plenty of games in the wild at this point that Id never owned before, but I'd at least heard of them... I wrote down the entire rarity list on a sheet of notebook paper and carried it around in my wallet...the print was VERY small haha. After a few more years I learned what a forum was and created my first email address for the sole purpose of joining here. Thats why "2600" is in my email name.

 

I chose the name crazy climber because I thought the status of everyone underneath their picture was their user name. (Chopper commander, etc..) I tried to think of a game title that ended with "er" like everyone else so I didn't look like some kind of noob or something and "Crazy Climber" was a match!

 

Using the computer at the library or at my girlfriends parents house I sent a few money orders for big buck games like Lochjaw, music machine and quadrun to guys like @ntavio and @AtariAger but I decided to get a PayPal account since everyone seemed to prefer this form of payment. I didn't even have a bank account so I also got my first legit bank account and credit card so I could buy atari games easier (I wasn't that young, those kind of things just didn't appeal to me I guess lol) 

 

Long story short, I guess Polaris kinda changed my life in a way. I started using computers regularly again to visit atariage...started messing around with what else computers can do and landed a good job as a cad drafter/machinist (that I'm still employed at 15+ years later).. Back in the Apple II/commodore days I might have even been considered a little "gifted" with computers but the new age of PC had left me in the dust, just didn't interest me at all. Glad something got me to give them a whirl lol I'm still old school, but could have easily ended up being REALLY old school living in a van down by the river if something didn't get me to catch up with the times.

 

Not sure if its good or bad though, sometimes I think back to when I wasn't so "plugged in" to the world and wonder if I was better off, everything felt a lot smaller and simpler...but then again, these days it would be near impossible to recapture that unless you go full "off grid" or something and that doesn't appeal to me just yet 😀 so anyways, Polaris always makes me think of the above...

 

8 hours ago, Keatah said:

Maybe now is the time to let the collection bake. Go into slow mode and start accumulating a few games every now and then. It's what I did way way back in the day, sort of, but it got out of control too many times. Though I have been good with gradual light acquisition of Apple II material. After getting off my phase of accumulating manuals at a moderate pace for 2 years - I have plans on purchasing about 10'ish all of next year.

 

My MAME philosophy follows that too, early on at the end of the dotcom era I ramped up and configured all my favs from the 70's through the 90's. And since about 2010 I may have added 2-3 games per year. MAME is always simmering on the back burner. This summer I was enraptured with DoDonPachi, so I added that.

 

Sustainable little bits of enjoyment here and there instead of a crushing onslaught that clogs everything up.

 

Despite emulation taking next to no space, it can feel heavy if there aren't rules & regulations put in place. So I have a big-ass catch-all dumping ground HDD. And a couple of favorite removable SSD cartridges with worthwhile classic timeless stuff I like. Think EverDrives for emulators on PC.

Yeah, got one more guy that says he has a big lot of stuff I need. I still have some scratch in the "start up fund" but if he comes through I'll probably back off for a month or so. If not though I'll just keep the $50 a week budget until I run out of cheaper ones to buy haha

 

I'm pretty happy with my collection as it sits so no feelings of urgency to buy anything...but you know...if its a price I cant refuse then??

 

BTW - DoDonPachi was my jam for a summer once. I actually had the arcade board (used to be able to buy them at a reasonable price) very rewarding game when you get in a rhythm 😃 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Collection update! 

 

Nothing major here, I had some store credit for atariage so I had Al make me these sweet repro games. I know I said I was going for all the R8 and below but I'm not touching real versions of these two, the sell for like $800+ now which is just ridiculous lol

 

20211222_130940.thumb.jpg.fb3d4d520afd0f491e538e46ed164d90.jpg

 

I also picked up Sabatour since its a great game and really should have been released. Due to that I'll put it with my classic collection and not my homebrews :)

 

Yeah, these look fine on the shelf...

 

20211222_131105.thumb.jpg.b7d0de75dd663a53dba114bd112d746d.jpg

 

I'm not going to count them in the "totals" though since they're reproductions :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This reminds me I need to sell my Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I wish I still had the box and instructions, but using the cupboard above the stove wasn’t a good move. All the boxes and manuals got soaked in cooking grease.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crazy Climber said:

..so I had Al make me these sweet repro games. I know I said I was going for all the R8 and below but I'm not touching real versions of these two, the sell for like $800+ now which is just ridiculous lol..
 

I'm not going to count them in the "totals" though since they're reproductions :)

There are times I believe that originals are for the diehard collector. Especially with prices as such. $800 goes a long way toward upgrading a PC like getting the next generation processor & motherboard. Or a QLED tv set. Something like that.

 

Because I doubt anyone I know, even among my gaming buddies, would recognize a high-priced game. Let alone justify it. We're all players. Players of the moment.

 

It's kind of like my Doom stuff. I have all the original material from back in the day. But the real value is in my Doom cartridge. Because that's what is searchable & playable. The very essence.  It's packed with all the versions, all the levels & mods, all the ISOs, and of course the ID software Doom repository. Heretic, Hexen, and Quake are a part of it too.

Edited by Keatah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CapitanClassic said:

This reminds me I need to sell my Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I wish I still had the box and instructions, but using the cupboard above the stove wasn’t a good move. All the boxes and manuals got soaked in cooking grease.

Ha, dude, that sucks!! Even a grease soaked box would probably still get decent coin though. Seriously... 

Screenshot_20211223-090013_eBay.thumb.jpg.397a227af0c62887de42700d36cd3899.jpg

 

Halloween...smoke em if you got em...

I'd sell too if I owned either of these. Just not worth keeping around for that price lol

 

Screenshot_20211223-090057_eBay.thumb.jpg.dd377f2a2980232048876642d207d62c.jpg

 

13 hours ago, Keatah said:

There are times I believe that originals are for the diehard collector. Especially with prices as such. $800 goes a long way toward upgrading a PC like getting the next generation processor & motherboard. Or a QLED tv set. Something like that.

 

Because I doubt anyone I know, even among my gaming buddies, would recognize a high-priced game. Let alone justify it. We're all players. Players of the moment.

 

It's kind of like my Doom stuff. I have all the original material from back in the day. But the real value is in my Doom cartridge. Because that's what is searchable & playable. The very essence.  It's packed with all the versions, all the levels & mods, all the ISOs, and of course the ID software Doom repository. Heretic, Hexen, and Quake are a part of it too.

Yeah, cross collecting really blew these 2 up. For years and years both were somewhat easily found for under $100 as far as I remember. I know I've personally owned several and never paid anywhere near these prices...

 

The horror collectors really go all in on acquiring stuff and pay greatly. VHS is a great example...

 

Screenshot_20211223-091057_eBay.thumb.jpg.3c71496476c856d8d0e3a65bd1c89935.jpg

 

So many horror tapes go for several hundred dollars,  sometimes even thousands now. Seems risky to me though, I would guess the expiration date for many videos isn't too far away...but anyways, they ruined the prices of TCM and Halloween for atari collectors...the game are rare but not video life rare lol

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Collection update! 

 

This is the final lot I had on the way from my numerous purchases so things will slow down a bit now (although one AA member has reached out that has a "bunch of stuff on my list" so maybe I'll keep going at this pace just a little longer,  we'll see lol) 

 

This lot came from AA member @mumbai for the great price of $44 shipped! 

 

20211223_142203.thumb.jpg.f1d46cdca82a97ea73a4e1040953e656.jpg20211223_142115.thumb.jpg.1a7d3717eb8bc93f37ad743d764e3d63.jpg

 

This lot is a great example of how label variations kept the train moving. Without variations, I only needed 2 games, that would have made the games a little more expensive due to shipping, not to mention most people are a little less excited to sell something small they're only getting a few bucks for in the end so its a win for everyone. 

 

Oscars trash race is kind of like Sears text checkers in my opinion, not very valuable but not very available either! Glad to cross this one off the list!

 

I thought basic Programming was the last text game I needed but after a quick check I still need brain games...swore I bought that one but guess not..

 

20211223_142358.thumb.jpg.e5803733243908da915d069a5a95a3fd.jpg

 

US games line up is looking pretty beefy, just need a beveled Gopher and Standard case Raft Rider! 

 

20211223_142410.thumb.jpg.258122a6d7cb7a691ca42344c540277e.jpg

 

That puts my total at 

 

Current collection - 438 games

Total invested - $1648

(getting up there now but still cheaper than one video life cartridge I guess lol) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Brian…Great thread..!!!  
 

Glad you’re still at it.

 

This post gave me the spark I need to go and open up some old boxes.

 

Let’s hook up when all the dust has settled on all your hustle & bustle…

 

…maybe I’ll have one or two you need.

 

I might throw my boxed Wizard games up after reading this thread.!!!

 

All the best.

 

~Tom

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the label designs from first 2 or 3 Atari catalogs are timeless. The simple text. And it's how I got to "know" cartridges. And they are durable as well.

 

Next favs would be Sears, Imagic, Activision, Coleco, 20th Century Fox, CBS, M-Network, Tigervision, Data Age. In that order. U.S. Games and Commavid get honorable mentions.

 

And I'm not too much of a fan of the red/silver Atari labels except for the very 1st ones like Phoenix and the RealSports stuff. Indifferent toward the black picture labels, except for a few like Missile Command, Asteroids, Defender, and VideoPinball.

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2021 at 5:36 PM, AtariAger said:

Hey Brian…Great thread..!!!  
 

Glad you’re still at it.

 

This post gave me the spark I need to go and open up some old boxes.

 

Let’s hook up when all the dust has settled on all your hustle & bustle…

 

…maybe I’ll have one or two you need.

 

I might throw my boxed Wizard games up after reading this thread.!!!

 

All the best.

 

~Tom

Hey Tom!!

 

That sounds awesome, Im in! 

 

Yeah, unless you plan on keeping forever,, nows the time to move TCM and Halloween in my opinion... then again I sold my Little Sampson for the NES at $100 because no way would it ever go higher than that haha

 

On 12/24/2021 at 4:59 AM, Keatah said:

I think the label designs from first 2 or 3 Atari catalogs are timeless. The simple text. And it's how I got to "know" cartridges. And they are durable as well.

 

Next favs would be Sears, Imagic, Activision, Coleco, 20th Century Fox, CBS, M-Network, Tigervision, Data Age. In that order. U.S. Games and Commavid get honorable mentions.

 

And I'm not too much of a fan of the red/silver Atari labels except for the very 1st ones like Phoenix and the RealSports stuff. Indifferent toward the black picture labels, except for a few like Missile Command, Asteroids, Defender, and VideoPinball.

I used to just stare at the atari picture label games as a kid. Still surprised I chucked all the boxes the second I ripped them open, I was usually a little more meticulous with my stuff...boxes had some great art...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I scored a 5200 version of frogger 2 long time ago for like 30 bucks.  Here is another 21600 version clean lable.

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144157969561?hash=item21907c0c99:g:f6sAAOSwP4dhGrKP

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234098752119?

 

And 5200 version.

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154625008050?hash=item24005e61b2:g:-TwAAOSwxOlhTk4D

Edited by 0078265317
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Crazy Climber said:

I used to just stare at the atari picture label games as a kid. Still surprised I chucked all the boxes the second I ripped them open, I was usually a little more meticulous with my stuff...boxes had some great art...

Sadly...nearly all of us did.  Who knew then we'd ever care?

 

To be honest, though, I find coffee table books like The Art of Atari a much more pleasurable way to enjoy the art now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2021 at 7:52 AM, Classic 80s GMR said:

how close are you to completing the original list of 404?

Got a little bored at work and decided to see how many I'm short....

Here is what I don't have -

 

THE COMPLETE ATARI 2600 NTSC/USA CARTRIDGE COLLECTION LIST

 

004. Asterix

051. Ikari Warriors

064. Obelix

076. Quadrun

085. Road Runner

098. Sorcerer's Apprentice

111. Track & Field

127. Cosmic Commuter

152. Rampage

170. Laser Gates

173. Quick Step!

175. Shooting Gallery

178. Subterranea

187. Mr. Do’s Castle
190. Q*Bert’s Qubes
197. Star Wars - The Arcade Game

208. Time Pilot

211. Front Line

213. Berenstain Bears

219. Marauder

220. Springer

221. Espial

222. Miner 2049er II

223. River Patrol

226. Cross Force

230. Bumper Bash

231. Master Builder

232. Gas Hog

233. Chase the Chuckwagon

234. Mangia'

265. Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomatoes

266. Space Master X-7

275. Tapper

277. Up n Down

279. Guardian

314. Robin Hood

315. Sir Lancelot

316. Motocross Racer

317. Tomarc the Barbarian

321. Ram It

322. Star Gunner

332. Room of Doom

333. Mines of Minos

334. Stronghold

335. Cakewalk

336. Magicard

337. Video Life

342. Out of Control

348. Dishaster / Dancing Plate by Bit Corp

350. Tanks But No Tanks / Tank Brigade by Panda / Phantom Tank by Bit Corp

351. Assault

352. Great Escape

353. Wall Defender

354. Z-Tack

363. Strategy-X

364. Marine Wars

368. Custer's Revenge

369. Bachelor Party

370. Beat 'em& Eat 'em

371. Gigolo

372. Burning Desire

373. Knight on the Town

377. Dice Puzzle by Panda

378. Stunt Man by Panda (also NTSC Nightmare by Sancho)

379. Gauntlet by Answer Software

380. Malagai by Answer Software

381. Video Jogger by Exus

385. Halloween by Wizard

386. Texas Chainsaw by Wizard

390. BMX Airmaster by TNT Games

391. Boing! by First Star Software

392. Quest for Quintana Roo by Sunrise Software (also from Tele Games)

393. Tax Avoiders by American Video Games

395. Rescue Terra I by Venture Vision

396. Glib by Selchow& Richter

397. X-Man by Universal Gamex

398. Tooth Protectors by DSD Camelot

399. Music Machine by Sparrow

400. Eli's Ladder by Simage

401. Air Raid by Men A Vision

402. Gamma Attack

403. Red Sea Crossing

404. Birthday Mania

 

Looks like I'm 83 games short of the "complete list" but I'm currently negotiating a deal for 23 of them, if that goes through I'll need 60 games for the complete 404...

 

That being said, these 12... I don't plan on ever buying...

 

004. Asterix

336. Magicard

337. Video Life

342. Out of Control

379. Gauntlet by Answer Software

385. Halloween by Wizard

386. Texas Chainsaw by Wizard

400. Eli's Ladder by Simage

401. Air Raid by Men A Vision

402. Gamma Attack

403. Red Sea Crossing

404. Birthday Mania

 

And these 22 are unlikely since I've set around $100 max on a single cartridge...although I might luck out on a few, or just get the much more affordable PAL equivalent

 

076. Quadrun

190. Q*Bert’s Qubes

213. Berenstain Bears

221. Espial

223. River Patrol

230. Bumper Bash

231. Master Builder

232. Gas Hog

234. Mangia'

334. Stronghold

335. Cakewalk

351. Assault

352. Great Escape

353. Wall Defender

354. Z-Tack

380. Malagai by Answer Software

381. Video Jogger by Exus

395. Rescue Terra I by Venture Vision

396. Glib by Selchow& Richter

397. X-Man by Universal Gamex

398. Tooth Protectors by DSD Camelot

399. Music Machine by Sparrow

 

And the adult games I want no part of, not because I'm a prude lol, I've just had really bad luck with them. The amount I've had DOA (from a new shrinkwrapped box!) or dead shortly after I've acquired them has just scared me away from ever buying one again

 

368. Custer's Revenge

369. Bachelor Party

370. Beat 'em& Eat 'em

371. Gigolo

372. Burning Desire

373. Knight on the Town

 

 

So the closest I'll ever get to the 404 will be 364 games, leaving me with about 20 or so games I'll need if my current deal/negotiation goes through...

 

051. Ikari Warriors

111. Track & Field

187. Mr. Do’s Castle
197. Star Wars - The Arcade Game

220. Springer

222. Miner 2049er II

275. Tapper

277. Up n Down

279. Guardian

314. Robin Hood

315. Sir Lancelot

317. Tomarc the Barbarian

348. Dishaster / Dancing Plate by Bit Corp

363. Strategy-X

364. Marine Wars

377. Dice Puzzle by Panda

378. Stunt Man by Panda (also NTSC Nightmare by Sancho)

391. Boing! by First Star Software

392. Quest for Quintana Roo by Sunrise Software (also from Tele Games)

 

Geez, almost no point in setting a budget now, I'm almost done haha, oh wait...label variants! Yeah, that will keep me in the game a while :)

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Collection Update!

 

The following 5 stragglers arrived and ended up running me $65 shipped (about half of that being Beamrider lol, not as easy to find as it used to be I guess)

20211227_172726.thumb.jpg.672c72c8fb9f234b8ecb3a751c5972f8.jpg

 

Not the best label but I'll take what I can get, don't want to drop $50+ on one of these, used to be a $15 game or so

 

20211227_172811(1).thumb.jpg.9e9e6f42f744eb7efd9756acc1cb2470.jpg

 

Finally found a Mr Do around $10 shipped, I think thats a fair price :)

 

20211227_172711.thumb.jpg.5975572efde299e8d840dfc1686b33ed.jpg

 

Codebreaker picture label...not a rare game or anything but NOT one that really turns up in very many lots. One of the few "commons" I had to buy solo...at $8.50 shipped though that's fine. Concentration and Flag Capture might cost me more than I want to spend...the last two I need of course...

 

Man do I hate Froggo games, I really put them off but have "most" on the way soon... I didn't want to spend much on them and so far I haven't. It's cousin panda games is another one I'm not crazy about... I don't even put them on my wanted list, I'll pick them up here and there eventually haha

 

Current collection - 443 games

Total invested - $1713

 

20211227_172855.thumb.jpg.6dea89df0b0e0bc551051459a2deec6f.jpg

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CapitanClassic said:

Thanks for the updated list.

also, is Flag Capture an expensive game?

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/atari-2600/flag-capture
 

Hey man!

 

Sort of...

 

The text label is super common.

 

The regular picture label is harder to find for sure but I'm not spending more than 20 bucks on it (a lot of ebay sellers want like $75+) I found one in a lot of 30 games for $80 shipped and probably could have sold the other 29 games and broke even but I've bought so many games lately I decided to just let it go 😃 

 

Now...The atari corp (green picture label) is super rare, like only a few found I guess. I'm not going for that unless it falls in my lap (and even if it does I'll probably just trade it for other games I want haha) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AtariAger said:

I opened up one bin of games…forgot I had all these still.

 

 

 

 

Oh man, I need a lot of those!! Hmmmm.... we need to chat 😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CapitanClassic said:

Thanks for the updated list.

also, is Flag Capture an expensive game?

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/atari-2600/flag-capture
 

Here is one (Flag capture picture label) in this lot of 40 games, since I pretty much own all the other games though I'm gonna pass on it. If anyone else buys it though I'll go 20 bucks on the Flag Capture 😄 

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Super-Bundle-40-Games-/255273484442?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...