IGNORED

OPA Gary!

dhe

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Sunday TI99 Madness! I just destroyed $657 USD by hooking up my "Milton-Bradley MBX Expansion System" and to my beige console I setup yesterday. Now its not worth as much on eBay with it being finally opened. Silly me I should had done an unboxing video!

PXL_20240317_184521228.jpg

PXL_20240317_184554983.MP.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I won this on eBay the other day for $26 USD, and it finally arrived. I really don't need the collection of education TI99 cartridges, but the retro case holder is very nice, and for the price it gives me 16 perfectly nice shells to put my custom PCBoard cartridges into like the UberGROM, FlashROM99, FinalROM99, etc.

PXL_20240322_201116247.jpg

PXL_20240322_201056591.jpg

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

I won this on eBay the other day for $26 USD, and it finally arrived. I really don't need the collection of education TI99 cartridges, but the retro case holder is very nice, and for the price it gives me 16 perfectly nice shells to put my custom PCBoard cartridges into like the UberGROM, FlashROM99, FinalROM99, etc.

PXL_20240322_201116247.jpg

PXL_20240322_201056591.jpg

Looks like an 8-track storage system.  Is it?  I cannot imagine it was special made for TI cartridges.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

Looks like an 8-track storage system.  Is it?  I cannot imagine it was special made for TI cartridges.

It's multi purpose one I think radio shack or sears use to sell it you can adjust the plastic sides into different slots allowing for various sizes of cartridges and the smaller grooves have indents for like 3 different shapes as well.

Only logo I can find on it, is this. I did a google search, no hits.

PXL_20240323_034551675.jpg

logo.png

Edited by Gary from OPA
Added logo on the box.

I spent today, adding another batch of nicely framed TI99 Solid State Software™ Command Module artworks, to my home office walls. I got another batch of 15 to assemble on Sunday, then I will make a final video of my completed setup. I think it will look nice once it's finished.

PXL_20240323_043635417.MP.jpg

PXL_20240323_041759186.jpg

PXL_20240323_050458899.MP.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

I've seen those cases before (I think I may even have one or two). They were intended for video game systems, but the cartridge slots worked perfect for the TI as well. The game machine sat on top of the cartridges and manuals went into the slots at either side.

22 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

I've seen those cases before (I think I may even have one or two). They were intended for video game systems, but the cartridge slots worked perfect for the TI as well. The game machine sat on top of the cartridges and manuals went into the slots at either side.

I have a couple of special-made ones like that for my Sears Tele-Games and Atari 2600.

Sunny Sunday here in Scarberia, so today I finished hanging the rest of my TI99 Solid State Software™ Command Modules Artworks on my Oasis Pensive Abacutors office walls and I think we're basically ready to get to work on some amazing Retro Projects plus a weekly video podcast!

• Like 4

Today, marks 10 full months of freedom since I got deported back to Canada by ICE after my legal issues with Nintendo was over and I got released from prison, but my life is not fully on track yet, it sure is a lot better then it was ten months ago, but I still working on the final stages for my medical disability, which is almost completed...

At least it is now "approved", all is left is for local office to finish the paperwork and then I can move forward to seeing proper monthly basic income, which will help cover more of my bills, and medical needs, but I still have not gotten any steady paying job yet, and still need a few items for my home and medical items...

I hope that soon I can start earning a bit of money again with my love for the TI99 computers, and release some good new software & hardware, so all the support you can offer is greatly appreciated, either directly via my https://www.gofundme.com/f/garyopa-restarting-his-life or just spreading the word, and giving your thumbs up and comments are welcome as well.

Thanks again everyone for all your support and strength in getting my life back together here in Canada, it has been so far an amazing journey over the last ten months, and I am looking forward to first full year of freedom at the end of May! 🥰🙏🥳

P.S. -- I added one of the original marketing ads for the TI-99/4a Home Computer to this post, back then Texas Instruments had many strange ads that try to promote their system as family computer, as back in 1979 most households could barely afford one computer system, so it was geared to be able to handle all your family needs, from education, budget planning, fitness, games, grow when you could afford to by adding on more peripherals and software.

FunnyAd.jpg

• Like 4

Going through my archived TI99 floppies, to get my development tools up and running again on my systems. I found this old digitized scan of me from around 1988 at the Boston Computer Society's fair when the "ImageWise Video Digitizer" was being tested on the "Myarc Geneve 9640".

MyArtScan.png

ImageWise-CC.jpg

ImageWise.png

ImageWise-99.png

• Like 4

Today, was a slow day, spent most of the morning at the SunnyBrook Hospital having my usual 3 month medical checkup on my health and my left leg, then after a nice 4 hour cat nap...

I went to town getting my TI99 more up and running, with first burning an DSR EPROM and getting finally my "Myarc 512K Ramdisk" card to have their special 128K OS enabled, so I can use their faster "Advanced Basic" release on it, and then I got my special combo TMS9900/9995/99105/68689 DX/10 Assembler and TI GPL Assembler developer tools fully working again in 80column Editor mode on my PGRAM card and Horizon/Rambo 4000 Ramdisk.

So, now I can start loading up some source code, editing it, and compiling and assembling it, and debugging it of course, and get to work on updating my older Phoenix 2001 software and releasing some new coding projects that been sitting on the back-burner on low simmer for the last 10 years I was in Dominican Republic and then 3 years of legal shit!

The O.P.A. Phoenix is almost fully rebirth'ed, we are getting there, one retro byte and bit at a clock cycle!

Phoenix.gif

PXL_20240328_022743018.MP.jpg

PXL_20240328_022830051.jpg

image.png.6e90472c8567d79adfff3a46de451d3e.png

• Like 4

One year ago today, I finally got released from the #SeaTac Federal Prison, after getting my "First Step Act" time credits and being released 9 months early...

But my legal battles were not over, now being a "illegal alien" in the USA with an expired Canadian Passport, meant I had to be transferred to ICE custody, were I would spent another two months, with a bit more freedom, no jail bars, outside rec yard time, and even an Xbox 360 system with few games to play on.

If you ever have the sad pleasure of being at the "NorthWest Detention Center" and in the F4 pod, you will find a "GaryOPA" Xbox profile on their gaming console from when I was playing "Need 4 Speed: Hot Pursuit" for the two months, I was waiting around to get deported back to Canada.

Lucky, for me I got to the ICE facility just after the riots and lockdowns due to the horrible food and cleanness of the place, so I got to see it running at its best, with everyone being on their toes and making sure we were OK, and medical staff on par, and food quality better.

Thankfully, I survived the 60 days and was out of the place fast, unlike some aliens that end up spending a year waiting to get deported to their home country.

SeaTac.png

KUOW_NWDC.jpg

Northwest-Detention-Center-inmates_Nicole-Jennings_620.jpg

• Like 1

If "Diehard" can be a Christmas movie. Then "Beverly Hills Cop" can be a Good Friday movie. So, here is a video of one of my TI99 systems, playing the theme song "Alex F", which is a good basic demonstration of what the TMS9919 sound chip can produce without any specific tricks.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Sunny day, no more snow, finally enjoying sitting outside and having a coffee in my little backyard, can't wait for even warmer days to fix up this area of my condo and make it nicer to enjoy.

Today, I need to repair the screen to the den, as a squirrel ripped a hole into it. 🐿️

Edited by Gary from OPA
trying to fix video attachment
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finishing touchup to my bare office walls, by adding today a colorful 99/4 marketing poster.

"The Texas Instruments Home Computer gives you a tutor, an accountant, a librarian, a file clerk and a pro football team in your own home."

What artworks should I add next to my office?

PXL_20240417_235126915.jpg

• Like 3

Out with the old one and in with the new one. Ten years my ass May 19th 2025 it should have lasted until, oh well now how long before the second one dies in the condo I wonder, I can't see the expiration date on it without removing it. This new one I wrote it in black marker on the outside and gave it 7 years so 2031 will be time to swap it out again. At least I don't have to listen to the 3 beeps every 30 seconds like last night and all day yesterday, started chirping at 6am. Crazy.

PXL_20240422_191118538.jpg

PXL_20240423_212052594.jpg

PXL_20240423_212101586.jpg

PXL_20240423_212112146.jpg

• Like 1

Github has approved me to have sponsors badge.

Looking forward to getting sponsors, as I expand my repositories and start coding an amazing new TMS9900 Assembly Language Retro Project for the Texas Instruments TI99 Home Computers!

https://github.com/sponsors/gary99opa

Edited by Gary from OPA
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Reciprocating Bill said:

I purchased Morley way back in the 80's. Then upon resurrecting my interest in the TI in 2020, and forgetting that I already owned a copy, I got another.

(It always amused me that only two of the "instructions" spelled in blocks on the cover are actually 9900 assembly instructions.)  

Well CALL is used in Mini-Memory and XB to launch Assembly, so you could say that is "part" of it as well.

I lost my original one long time ago, would love to get a used one again just for my TI Bookshelf in my room, but they are like over $110 usd now, crazy prices.