IGNORED

Bit 3 Fullview to LCD

danwinslow

I guess you'd have to acertain the outputs from the card itself and then what lcd tv inputs you currently have/wish to hook up to. At this stage have you attempted to connect to it? You mentioned composite so I assume you are wanting to connect to your TVs composite in? If yes and no luck then it's likely you will end up needing an upscaler or converter between the two. Are you taking PAL or NTSC btw? 

On 11/5/2021 at 3:42 PM, danwinslow said:

Any advice on getting one of these hooked up to a modern monitor via s-video or some kind of converter?

Ok, just have some extra time to fill in:

1. You will NOT need s-video for Bit3 (nor XEP-80, for this matter).
  2. You will need either a COMPONENT (Luma) OR COMPOSITE inputs (will work very well with the latter, as long as the analog-decode stage of your CRT or LCD-TV or video-processor composite-port correctly decode in absence of chroma-burst, thus opening up all of available bandwidth for LUMA-only decode. This is usually well supported by a large # of viewing devices).
  3. Please, note that 480i vertical resolution WILL NOT be enough to fully scan Bit3 Fullview's 24 lines, unfortunately. We need's Avery help here (already offered one if my Bit3s as a guinea pig, but he has many other competing priorities, nowadays).
  4. For the above reason, the Bit3 will also be a heart-braker for many CRTs, out-there. Guaranteed.
  5. You can look at my Bit3 / XEP80 showdown for actual Bit3 photo-captures directly from LCD screen. Results are SHARPER to the naked eye.

Cheers!