IGNORED

I officially have every Major console from Atari to the original Xbox!

I have 

• Atari 2600
  • Nintendo Entertainment System NES
  • Sega Genesis
  • Sega Game Gear
  • Sega Genesis Nomad
  • 32X
  • Sega CD
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System SNES
  • Playstation
  • Sega Saturn
  • Nintendo 64 N64
  • Sega Dreamcast
  • Playstation 2 
  • Xbox

I own all of them except the GameCube because there is no games I really like that much for the GameCube.

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, eightbit said:

Not quite. You are missing the Sega Master System, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Atari Jaguar, 3DO, Colecovision, Intellivision....just at a glance.

To Me they are not Major consoles cause they didn't sell well or were not very good and didn't leave as big of an impact either.

Edited by thegenerallee86

It's still a nice list, though I would say you are missing out on some classic experiences with some of the other consoles. Master system when accounting for officially licenced models such as its Brazil licence sold more than saturn and dreamcast together, and definitely a recommended console in my opinion. 

Depends what you want to do though, it might be that you want a solid list of games for the consoles you have now and I think that's fair enough. You can always get more later :)

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Mikebloke said:

It's still a nice list, though I would say you are missing out on some classic experiences with some of the other consoles. Master system when accounting for officially licenced models such as its Brazil licence sold more than saturn and dreamcast together, and definitely a recommended console in my opinion. 

Depends what you want to do though, it might be that you want a solid list of games for the consoles you have now and I think that's fair enough. You can always get more later :)

Thanks! I can get the Master System add on for the Genesis to play the games. I still might get one later on maybe though.

3 hours ago, schnuth said:

Welcome to the club, you’re officially a hoarder. ;)

Well you ought to see my PC and Mac collection then!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, thegenerallee86 said:

Thanks! I can get the Master System add on for the Genesis to play the games. I still might get one later on maybe though.

Absolutely this is a great solution to save on buying another console with its own box, wires, controllers ect. I think the price of the converter has slowly gone up with time but should still be cheaper than the console itself. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Mikebloke said:

Absolutely this is a great solution to save on buying another console with its own box, wires, controllers ect. I think the price of the converter has slowly gone up with time but should still be cheaper than the console itself. 

I also forgot to add I have the Sega Genesis Nomad as well but that is really just a portable Genesis anyways!

1 hour ago, thegenerallee86 said:

I also forgot to add I have the Sega Genesis Nomad as well but that is really just a portable Genesis anyways!

You did put the Nomad on the list. And uhh, yeah, you definitely don’t have every major console from VCS to Xbox. 

Compared to sega's mighty game gear,

game boy and gbc were definitely minor players not worth bothering with.

Really the whole post from top to bottom is absolutely masterful trolling. Many layers to that onion. The 'have every' in the title with the last line in the post of 'except gamecube because f-it'--and skipping most of the systems featured on the forum because nobody cares about those. Nice.

I kind of miss real trolling. Kids these days think trolling means "being mean to somebody on the internet" rather than stirring up some insular online community for the lulz.  If we let the kids steal the word, by not trolling each other correctly, that's exactly what it will mean going forward.

There's bonus points to be had for going into the jag forum and innocently asking why super nintendo games look better.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

I don’t want to participate in mass mockery, but I hope OP finds that there are many more consoles he considers “major” down the line.

Here is the list of programmable video game systems I have NOT owned, not including regional versions or clone systems:

Odyssey (not programmable but close enough)

Telstar Arcade

Odyssey 2 (working on it)

Astrocade

MP1000

Champion 2711

Super Vision 8000

Black Point

VC4000

Palladium 

Imagination Machine

CreatiVision

Arcadia 2001

Colecovision/ADAM

TV-Boy

Videopac+ G7400

Bridge Companion

Zemmix

My Vision

Pyuuta Jr 

PV-1000

SG-1000 (but I have adapter for Genesis and Mega SG)

Video Art

Mark III/Master System (but I have adapters for Genesis, Game Gear, and Mega SG)

VideoSmarts

XEGS (does it really count?)
Famicom Disk System

Satelliview

CassetteVision

Select-a-Game

AdventureVision

PalmTex

Gamate

Game Master

Mega Duck

Game King

Supervision

Playdia

LaserActive

ActionMax

Video Challenger

Terebikko

Socrates

C64GS (but I had a C64)
Viewmaster Interactive Vision

GX4000

Supergrafx

Neo Geo

Neo Geo CD

CDTV

CPS Changer

Neo Geo 64 (never released as a home console, right?)

VIS

Loopy

Jaguar CD (but I have a Game Drive)

Pico

Super A’Can

Pippin

FM Towns Marty

CD32

CDi

3DO

Nuon

Nintendo 64 (but I played a ton of it)

Nintendo 64DD

Game Boy Color

Virtual Boy

Neo Geo Pocket Color

Wonderswan/Color

DVD Kids

VSmile

Game Wave

Vflash

Zeebo

Cybiko

OnLive

GamePark3

GamePark2X

Dingoo A320

Pandora

CAANOO

Neo Geo X

Tapwave Zodiac

NGage

Pokemon Mini

Gizmondo

Hyperscan

XavixPORT

Ouya

Playstation TV (but I have a Vita)

NVidia Shield TV / Portable (Not sure it counts)

Xbox One

PS4

Xbox Series X

“Atari” VCS

PS5

Phew. That’s a lot I don’t have. (I have games for at least a dozen systems I don’t own yet.) I know which ones I would consider major, but others may disagree.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, thegenerallee86 said:

Seeing that you enlisted here only for a few months. We hope you enjoy your time on AtariAge.

The forums here have great members and guest that participate to help the community. Were just pulling your leg and wishing your collection to grow even longer than the list you provided. :)

Even though this isn't a "complete" list of consoles your have, its a nice sizable amount and glad you have them in your collection.  :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fdurso224 said:

Seeing that you enlisted here only for a few months. We hope you enjoy your time on AtariAge.

The forums here have great members and guest that participate to help the community. Were just pulling your leg and wishing your collection to grow even longer than the list you provided. :)

Even though this isn't a "complete" list of consoles your have, its a nice sizable amount and glad you have them in your collection.  :)

Anthony..

Thanks and I have I'll have to look and see how many games I currently have for each of them and I know I have over 100 just for the NES, SNES is about 50 and same with Genesis. My Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PS1, Saturn, Dreamcast, Xbox, PS2 are all complete with Cases and Manuals. Anything other then those are way to expensive to collect anything other then the cartridges.

I use a Commodore 1702 Monitor for them all as well.

Edited by thegenerallee86
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, thegenerallee86 said:

Thanks and I have I'll have to look and see how many games I currently have for each of them and I know I have over 100 just for the NES, SNES is about 50 and same with Genesis. My Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PS1, Saturn, Dreamcast, Xbox, PS2 are all complete with Cases and Manuals. Anything other then those are way to expensive to collect anything other then the cartridges.

I use a Commodore 1702 Monitor for them all as well.

You're welcome. Were glad to have you on with us and we want you to continue with your collection. The administrator and the person in charge here is @Albert. He labeled me as the AtariAge Ambassador.  If you're interested, maybe you would like to share some pics that you have with us on the "Show us your Collection" section here on the forums. Here's the link to it.

https://atariage.com/forums/forum/112-show-us-your-collection33/

Also, feel free to introduce yourself on the "Introduction" section as well if you wish to do so at anytime.

https://atariage.com/forums/forum/45-introductions/

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1