IGNORED

90 degree expansion port adaptor C64

Fierodoug5

I am in need of a 90 degree expansion port(cartridge) adaptor for a C64, and am having no luck finding one in the USA. Anyone sell them, or is there a open source project for one I can make myself that I am missing? 
Thanx for any leads
Should be easy and cheap to create one. A connector like this one should work for the upright slot:
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/edac-inc/395-044-520-202/107771
Except for that you might want a reset button because why not. Maybe a decoupling capacitor and definitely some feet/standoffs to make the adapter rest against the table. I don't know if the height differs between the computers like c64©/c128(d).

The PCB itself would be very simple to design for anyone that can do those things. It takes a little bit of work if you don't already have the PCB footprints for the connectors.
I can design an open source PCB if no one else comes up with a US source for an adapter which would definitely be a lot faster for you.
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 5:10 AM, Fierodoug5 said:

I am in need of a 90 degree expansion port(cartridge) adaptor for a C64, and am having no luck finding one in the USA. Anyone sell them, or is there a open source project for one I can make myself that I am missing? 

Thanx for any leads

I reached out to evie @ backbit, she is working on creating one.  Here is the thread:
https://forum.backbit.io/index.php?topic=476.0

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...