IGNORED

JagStudio for Mac/Linux?

Kirkman

Is JagStudio pretty much only for use under Windows? I tried downloading it today, and most of the files I saw were .bat, .exe., and .dll.

I'm a Mac guy, though I also have a Linux virtual machine. Was just wondering if there was any hope of Mac/Linux support in the future, or not.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 3:57 AM, CyranoJ said:

Initial Linux support is coming with the next update.

JCP (Skunkboard) will need to be manually installed.

There is no JagGDCmd.exe support for linux currently.

Build and run via JV work 'out of the box'

Fingers are crossed for a future update that supports Mac. I’m a Mac user myself. I’m currently using Windows 7 in Bootcamp to use JagStudio.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/29/2021 at 12:05 AM, af0l said:

Ok, this sounds interesting. Although I'm having difficulties even building the VJ on my current machine...

Now, I got mad at the world, and gave this building another go... It's built alright, but the result is less than overwhelming. The sound is full of noise, the display only scales to 1/4 of the window... Anyone here that I can nag with this?

28 minutes ago, af0l said:

Now, I got mad at the world, and gave this building another go... It's built alright, but the result is less than overwhelming. The sound is full of noise, the display only scales to 1/4 of the window... Anyone here that I can nag with this?

Don't know what platform you're on but did you try running bog standard Windows Virtual Jaguar in WINE?

8 hours ago, Gemintronic said:

Don't know what platform you're on but did you try running bog standard Windows Virtual Jaguar in WINE?

Huh, it seemed a bit of a heresy. :) Also, I never had problems building and running the previous versions (although on an older Mac and OS).

888126865_Screenshot2022-02-22at08_45_29.thumb.png.19f814ec7b19f49a556563673512e56f.png

1005078572_Screenshot2022-02-22at08_44_34.thumb.png.e745a45ef4bc2c70f998050c4f970299.png