IGNORED

Learning about Action!...

Hi!  I am reading the Action! documentation right now.  :)  When I'm done, I can supply some code snippets for general use, or I can upload other people's code snippets.  I also have two things planned for Action! support, and one of them is Template Creator Atari8.  Now, I have two questions: 1. Does Action! support structs or unions?  2. What about overlays?

On 11/10/2021 at 10:00 AM, Harry Potter said:

Hi!  I am reading the Action! documentation right now.  :)  When I'm done, I can supply some code snippets for general use, or I can upload other people's code snippets.  I also have two things planned for Action! support, and one of them is Template Creator Atari8.  Now, I have two questions: 1. Does Action! support structs or unions?  2. What about overlays?

As mentioned, there is limited support for structures via the RECORD directive. Not all data types are supported as members of a structure. Unions are not supported, but you can sort of implement them with pointers to records.

Overlays as such are again not directly supported, but with careful organization of the code you can have a resident section and then binary load other sections.

Yes, a program can be split into multiple source files. If you mean can a binary be split into multiple files the answer is no. Each Action! compile generates a single complete binary.

On 11/11/2021 at 6:29 AM, Harry Potter said:

Thank you, and sorry for the lack of a reply.  :(  I really want to support Action.  That's why I'm asking.

Harry - Action doesn't need 'support'. If you want to learn it to use it, then great. Read the docs and write code. No one needs a 'template creator', it's just not useful.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

If not already recommended - check out the awesome video tutorials by Dave Arlington on youtube.

He has been vigilently and frequesntly posting tutorials for beginners and experienced ACTION! developers for a few months now.

Please leave comments for him to show your support.

https://youtube.com/channel/UC4mkNmb5LPFQn5KI-VYKBhg

• Like 3