IGNORED

Intellivision 3D glasses

Godzilla

I searched the forums & the Google & couldn't find it anywhere :(

I'm trying to find any pictures and info about the original 3D glasses shown with the intellivision and hover Force. I know they were shown at the January ces in 1984.

there is a pic of one of the blue sky rangers at their booth demoing hover Force on their Facebook. But it's just a picture of him :)

I first saw it in a magazine back in the day. It shows someone wearing the wired glasses with a matching inty 2 color scheme. The article also mentioned hover Force, I believe... 

a scan from the magazine would help, obviously. I can't remember it was electronic games or one of the others...

1 hour ago, Godzilla said:

I searched the forums & the Google & couldn't find it anywhere :(

I'm trying to find any pictures and info about the original 3D glasses shown with the intellivision and hover Force. I know they were shown at the January ces in 1984.

there is a pic of one of the blue sky rangers at their booth demoing hover Force on their Facebook. But it's just a picture of him :)

I first saw it in a magazine back in the day. It shows someone wearing the wired glasses with a matching inty 2 color scheme. The article also mentioned hover Force, I believe... 

a scan from the magazine would help, obviously. I can't remember it was electronic games or one of the others...

This is what I know about them:

http://leftturnonly.info/three_dee.html

The technology was invented at the University of Georgia.

Joe Z. had a stock of them at some point.  I got a few from him to play Hover Force.  It does enhance the game quite a bit.

-dZ.

• Like 2

Yea... But there is something very much missing here... Chroma depth 1992, hover Force 1984 (released 86)

Also, while chroma depth may coincidentally work on hover Force, it also works on Jaguar AVP & Jim Power & many other places (I think I've talked about it before on AA forums somewhere : ) and I can find zero evidence that the wired inty2 style glasses from the old ces have any relation to the chroma depth.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ChromaDepth

The problem is none of the info on chroma depth is even close to old enough to match when hover Force was actually being developed (84) & shown at that ces. 

Anyone else have the old vid game magazine with the picture of the glasses from the show? They sure aren't cardboard glasses.

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

From the 1992 Georgia Tech article:

"Steenblik patented the technique through Georgia Tech, and in 1983 began to work with a developer of video games. ..."

Ok, so I still want to know how something that kinda looked like the vectrex 3D headset became a pair of cardboard glasses... That's what's missing for me, information wise :)

Wow! That's awesome! Thank you :)

Is the cord part of the glasses function or just for security?

Now this makes me wonder even more about the picture in the magazine. Wish I could remember what magazine it was in :) all my magazines are buried in www.theimagic.com 's arc :)

Was there ever a housing these glasses were in that matched the intellivision 2s styling?

42 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

One year ago there was an Hover Force on ebay with 3D glasses, I didn’t win the auction and don’t know if they were "original", they were different from the Ferreira’s ones.

I find this point quite relevant indeed: were the 3D glasses sold toghether with the game at a point?

Mattel planed to do this game as a 3D release. When it was finally released by INTV nothing was mentioned about 3D and no 3D glasses were packaged with the game.

It wasn't until the BSR page, which mentioned the 3D development history, that the public got aware of that fact.

After that members from the community figured out that these CromaDepth glasses would work fine.

• Thanks 2

On 11/15/2021 at 10:13 AM, BBWW said:

They would be handy if anyone ever released Air Raid!

On 11/15/2021 at 11:09 AM, wolfy62 said:

Since you mentioned Air Raid,aren't you sitting on a couple of games that would be cool to be released??

Lol. True facts! Make it so x 2! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/14/2021 at 7:12 AM, Morpheus said:

One year ago there was an Hover Force on ebay with 3D glasses, I didn’t win the auction and don’t know if they were "original", they were different from the Ferreira’s ones.

I find this point quite relevant indeed: were the 3D glasses sold toghether with the game at a point?

Any pictures from that auction or of the glasses?

I got my Hover Force back when it was released and it had no mention of 3D...

Still curious about that photo I saw in an old video game magazine...

On 11/23/2021 at 9:47 PM, Godzilla said:

Any pictures from that auction or of the glasses?

I got my Hover Force back when it was released and it had no mention of 3D...

Still curious about that photo I saw in an old video game magazine...

There was a sale of bunch cheap 3D glasses a few years back that were equivalent to the 1980s originals but were simpler construction made recently.  Hover Force didn't sell with 3D glasses back in the day so the eBay listing was including the modern ones.

The ones I have are from http://www.3dglassesonline.com and are the ChromaDepth kind.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 10:28 PM, BSRSteve said:

Well, here is a picture of Joe Ferreira (now King) demoing Hover Force at CES WITH The glasses.

HoverForceJoe.jpg

Those are in the archive somewhere. They're missing an arm, but they still work. They somehow make the world look more 3D, they're wild.

There were also a bunch of the mass produced ones in a manila folder in one of the file cabinets. Not sure what happened to them. 

Edited by colormesticky
  • Like 1