IGNORED

I'm going to have to send mine in for repair

Cobra Kai

My series X keeps crashing to power off state. I've tried all the troubleshooting, even resetting the unit. The only option left is repair. I wouldn't have got one had my X1 not also broke, now I wish I would have gotten a Switch. Damn, I'm bout done with modern consoles. This is frustrating.

• Sad 1

Yep, power supply is not an option, since it must be internal. I'm used to consoles having a big PS external. The X just has a power cord, so there's nothing I can do. I reformatted the system again, and disconnected my external HD, thinking maybe there was some corruption with that, but it didn't help. It's weird, I can run the home screen for hours, but as soon as I play any game, it will power off at a random time.

I think it's time to request a repair ticket.

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear it! Sounds like I have a similar track record ~ I also had to send in my 360 twice, and my One just suddenly died early this year. I tried a different power supply with that and it didn't work. I got lucky and found a Series X soon after that, but I probably wouldn't have even tried to get one this year if the One hadn't crapped out.

On the other hand, I've got 8-bit and 16-bit consoles that are still rocking with no problems.

2 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

Civ 6

I've been tempted to grab that. Almost always under $10 on the Xbox digital marketplace. I really enjoyed Civilization Revolution on the 360.

2 hours ago, Zeptari1 said:

I've been tempted to grab that. Almost always under $10 on the Xbox digital marketplace. I really enjoyed Civilization Revolution on the 360.

It's a lot different, but better than that game. You know how you can blaze through an entire game of Revolution in 3-4 hours? It takes 3-4 weeks for me to finish a game of Civ 6. That's with about an hour or two of gameplay every night.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2021 at 4:26 PM, Cobra Kai said:

Got my X back. That's not a bad turnaround, barely 2 weeks total.

I have no idea what was wrong with it, but now it is barely producing any heat at all. I remember before sending it out that the cooling fan was blowing hot air almost immediately after turning it on.

That's interesting to hear. My Series X gets hot enough to fry an egg.  Wonder if they redesigned something. 

• Like 1