IGNORED

Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder - still a total 11/10 game

awbacon

56 minutes ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

After watching that video I fired it up in MAME and semeed perfect from what I could tell, this is the type of game that makes me glad I installed a full set on my PC. 

Awesome!  I'll have to check it again on my Mame setups.  I don't remember the specifics, for the most part, but seems like something was crazy with the graphics whenever I tried to play.   When you're playing via Mame, and the screen is "scrolling up," like about 2:03 in the vid, you're not seeing any issues in Mame?

On 11/14/2021 at 5:32 PM, Razzie.P said:

Awesome!  I'll have to check it again on my Mame setups.  I don't remember the specifics, for the most part, but seems like something was crazy with the graphics whenever I tried to play.   When you're playing via Mame, and the screen is "scrolling up," like about 2:03 in the vid, you're not seeing any issues in Mame?

Hmmm, I loaded it again, during boot it did state that video was not 100% perfectly emulated as a lot of games state but I played for quite a bit including the upward scrolling you mentioned and didn't really see anything issue? I don't know, maybe I just am not observant enough. I am using meme version and complete ROMSET v0.175.1 if that means anything ?‍♂️

1827390467_Screenshot2021-11-16213225.png.d2ea1ddb1d299a1b3250eed1010f56b7.png

On 11/12/2021 at 9:23 AM, awbacon said:

And now that it's on the Astro City Mini at least more people can technically "own" a copy. Still not quite sure what the hell Sega was thinking NOT bringing this to the Saturn. Would have been amazing 

Can confirm, I have only recently played this game with my Arcade 1UP acquisition of this cabinet. Awesome, awesome game, and already been able to enjoy it multiplayer with some friends. It has an epic ending too, we were LOL.

If this were on Saturn, it would certainly be a high dollar item right now.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2021 at 5:54 PM, Cobra Kai said:

Can confirm, I have only recently played this game with my Arcade 1UP acquisition of this cabinet. Awesome, awesome game, and already been able to enjoy it multiplayer with some friends. It has an epic ending too, we were LOL.

If this were on Saturn, it would certainly be a high dollar item right now.

oh yeah had it been released on Saturn it would probably sell for $200+ today

I've never seen this in arcades and really should try it in emulation with some friends. I liked the Genesis and original GA arcade game. Not going to splash out for the mini-arcade cabinet though. https://arcade1up.com/products/golden-axe-arcade-cabinet

Please let's not get into "political correctness" discussions, but maybe the masked dancers were considered culturally offensive? I don't understand why they wouldn't be pushing this on retro collections for us to buy. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, awbacon said:

oh yeah had it been released on Saturn it would probably sell for $200+ today

Technologically speaking, Revenge of Death Adder isn't exactly up to spec for the Saturn, it's something more suitable to the 32X. I mean yeah, it would have been awesome on the Saturn, but Sega didn't port over Arabian Fight either, which IMHO would have been a good contemporary arcade showcase game on the system. 

I suppose another volume of Sega Ages could have been a nice option with the Golden Axe games.

5 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

I've never seen this in arcades and really should try it in emulation with some friends. I liked the Genesis and original GA arcade game. Not going to splash out for the mini-arcade cabinet though. https://arcade1up.com/products/golden-axe-arcade-cabinet

Please let's not get into "political correctness" discussions, but maybe the masked dancers were considered culturally offensive? I don't understand why they wouldn't be pushing this on retro collections for us to buy. 

It was in the Astro City Mini though

• Like 1

I've been playing this quite a bit (a couple of rounds daily) since this post post popped up trying to beat it with one credit.    I think I'm about to give up on that.  I can finish with 4 credits, but that seems to be about it.

No matter how much I play and how much I like this game, I can't seem to get over that butthurt of "I wish they had the other 2 original characters in this"

On 11/21/2021 at 10:25 AM, Flojomojo said:

My daughter was watching me play and jokingly said "I dunno, dad... that seems racist to me" when I was giving those guys a beatin'

6 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

No matter how much I play and how much I like this game, I can't seem to get over that butthurt of "I wish they had the other 2 original characters in this"

I agree. I had heard a lot about the game so I was slightly disappointed. First because it didn't feature as many moves as I expected (there are two-player moves, but of course you can't perform them when you play alone) and second because I didn't really like the new characters.

On 11/25/2021 at 3:25 AM, roots.genoa said:

I didn't say I missed the old ones, though, I just don't like the new ones, including that giant. I discovered the original game on Master System anyway, so I used to play Ax-Battler all the time.

I do miss the old ones  ☹️   Gilius is in here, but the other 2 originals are missing.  We have a barbarian that's close, I suppose, with Sternblade, but I still wish it had Ax Battler and Tyris.

• Like 1