IGNORED

Match Over R3/M13

chrisbid

On the one hand we have the fucking uncomfortable Dreamcast pad with it's screwy analog mushroom and shoulder buttons. On the good side, it has 4 buttons on front so your thumb doesn't get overloaded.

On the other hand, we have the purely digital Genesis 6 button pad, which is decent, but your thumb has to deal with too many buttons, and they're all a little bit too close together. In addition, the top buttons just never feel right.

I'm going to go with the Genesis 6 button. It has less of what I dislike in a controller. No gimmicks (no memory card in the controller, no rumbling shit). No stubby and unresponsive analog controls. And overall, it just feels better in my hand. I'd like it a lot better if it moved X and Z to shoulder buttons, and had A, B, C, and Y in a diamond pattern, but I guess you can't have everything.

Heh, no matter what, happens, the final is going to be "hometown hero" Atari vs. "fanboy favorite" Sega.

would you please just ENOUGH with this fanboy bullshit - speak for yourself mr. nintendo fanboy ;)

who fuking cares, is it wrong that most people like sega and atari controllers better than sony and nintendo?

anyway i vote on the DC pad- :)

Heh, no matter what, happens, the final is going to be "hometown hero" Atari vs. "fanboy favorite" Sega.

would you please just ENOUGH with this fanboy bullshit - speak for yourself mr. nintendo fanboy ;)

who fuking cares, is it wrong that most people like sega and atari controllers better than sony and nintendo?

I am speaking for myself...didn't mean Sega fanboy in a negative sense...I'm a bit of a Sega fanboy too. Dreamcast caught a lot of gamer's imagination, and its passing is much mourned.

I go for gimmicks every time:) Heck, that's all games consoles are anyway, right? The VMU was a cool idea - badly executed, but cool nonetheless.

The DC pad is great, though I didn't find it as comfortable to use as the Saturn 3D pad - and since they're bracketed together I'll vote for DC/Saturn 3D.

Gonna go with the Dreamcast. It has it all - the standard d-pad, the great analog stick, an easy to manage four button layout, and the two trigger buttons that finally made "shoulder" buttons useful. And the analog nature of the triggers make them so perfect for racing games.

I am speaking for myself...didn't mean Sega fanboy in a negative sense...I'm a bit of a Sega fanboy too.  Dreamcast caught a lot of gamer's imagination, and its passing is much mourned.

that it is :sad:

i just hate that word "fanboy"

annoys me to no end ;)

The Genesis pad is one of the best all-digital pads available, but I like the Saturn 3D controller better.

This pretty much sums up how I feel. I'm voting for the Dreamcast/Saturn analog controllers (which really should have been two separate entries, though).