IGNORED

Gacek from ABBUC 2021

shanti77

• 2 weeks later...

I tried latest Gacek normal version on stock PAL Atari 130XE, 800XL+U1MB+stereo, Altirra 4.01/4.10, Atari800WinPL and VBXE version on Altirra.

When Jack dies I don't hear the tune, there's a low whistle @5:02 or @7:07 

EDIT It's normal

On my Altirra VBXE version has this garbage on top.

575904147_GacekVBXE.thumb.png.effbf179de4d6c23d8a6cd60b7d59852.png

7 minutes ago, shanti77 said:

This is WIP.

In Altirra:

System->Configure System->Memory->Power-up pattern   

Set Cleared (Random is for debbuging)

Death will be louder ;)

Solved garbage problem, thank you very much!

Perhaps you could add death sound from arcade?

Gacek.thumb.png.ef348e2e8e278ce6fb992c82d719db31.png

8 minutes ago, Dinadan67 said:

The VBXE version on a real CRT is very nice, cool stuff!

gacek.jpg

Definitely - never knew how nice the 1084 was until I saw an RGB signal on it.  S-Video is nice but RGB is incredibly clear.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The VBXE version is great.

I just have two small things that I noticed in the last version from March 8th.

With my original hardware, a blue bar can be seen at the top. VBXE Core is 1.26a. No matter if I load Gacek with sio2sd, AVG Cart or SIDE.

Whether $D600 or $D700 is set makes no difference. Any ideas?

When the game is over, the Game Over sprite will no longer appear.

I think VBXE is great. Now last Squadron VBXE... :cool:

Gacek_blue.jpg

Configuration.jpg

• Like 1

The newest version:

- (B)onus appears every 5000 points, up to a maximum of x5
- P appears after filling 20 segments (regular bomb = 1, lit = 2), it can have 7 colors, giving from 100 points for blue to 2000 points for gray, change the color by bouncing off the floor / ceiling (it also gives an additional 10 points)
- (E)xtra Life appears randomly, but collecting enemies increases the probability of it appearing, giving you 3000 points
- collecting frozen opponents gives you 100,200,300,500,800,1200 points in order
- new enemy added, each moves a bit differently now
- collecting lit bombs one after another gives you an additional bonus at the end of the round, 20 = 10,000 points, 21 = 20,000 points, 22 = 30,000 points, 23 = 50,000 points
- joystick down causes Gacek/Jack to fall faster
- enemies no longer appear on the same side as Gacek/Jack

- original logo in the VBXE version

- other minor fixes

Gacek_final.zip

@Yellowman In TLS, if someone drew sprites, they can be replaced with VBXE, but it will be more difficult with the background. VBXE is not as strong as some people think, there is no real sprites here, you have to draw and erase everything.

Edited by shanti77
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, shanti77 said:

The newest version:

- (B)onus appears every 5000 points, up to a maximum of x5
- P appears after filling 20 segments (regular bomb = 1, lit = 2), it can have 7 colors, giving from 100 points for blue to 2000 points for gray, change the color by bouncing off the floor / ceiling (it also gives an additional 10 points)
- (E)xtra Life appears randomly, but collecting enemies increases the probability of it appearing, giving you 3000 points
- collecting frozen opponents gives you 100,200,300,500,800,1200 points in order
- new enemy added, each moves a bit differently now
- collecting lit bombs one after another gives you an additional bonus at the end of the round, 20 = 10,000 points, 21 = 20,000 points, 22 = 30,000 points, 23 = 50,000 points
- joystick down causes Gacek/Jack to fall faster
- enemies no longer appear on the same side as Gacek/Jack

- original logo in the VBXE version

- other minor fixes

Gacek_final.zip 78.19 kB · 111 downloads

@Yellowman In TLS, if someone drew sprites, they can be replaced with VBXE, but it will be more difficult with the background. VBXE is not as strong as some people think, there is no real sprites here, you have to draw and erase everything.

Dear Shanti77, I express my gratitude to you for doing excellent games. I really love both versions. Best wishes to you.

Gacek - VBXE version - Five Stars !!!

Gacek - Standard Atari 8 bit version - Another Five Stars !!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, shanti77 said:

In TLS, if someone drew sprites, they can be replaced with VBXE, but it will be more difficult with the background. VBXE is not as strong as some people think, there is no real sprites here, you have to draw and erase everything.

I thought maybe I was missing something obvious, but I have found the same thing.  The blitter is pretty damn fast, but you literally get nothing besides copy this chunk of RAM to this other chunk of RAM.  You don't get to specify a sprite position in X or Y axis - you have to know that and feed the direct memory addresses to the BCBs.