Jump to content
shanti77

Gacek from ABBUC 2021

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, shanti77 said:

Original backgrounds

 

 

amazing , finally VBXE being a must !

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! I'm planning to collect them all: enhanced sprites / enhanced sprites and backgrounds / enhanced sprites, backgrounds and platforms (when arrives) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried latest Gacek normal version on stock PAL Atari 130XE, 800XL+U1MB+stereo, Altirra 4.01/4.10, Atari800WinPL and VBXE version on Altirra.

When Jack dies I don't hear the tune, there's a low whistle @5:02 or @7:07 

EDIT It's normal

 

On my Altirra VBXE version has this garbage on top.

575904147_GacekVBXE.thumb.png.effbf179de4d6c23d8a6cd60b7d59852.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is WIP.

 

Quote

On my Altirra VBXE version has this garbage on top.

In Altirra:

System->Configure System->Memory->Power-up pattern   

Set Cleared (Random is for debbuging)

 

Death will be louder ;)

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, shanti77 said:

This is WIP.

 

In Altirra:

System->Configure System->Memory->Power-up pattern   

Set Cleared (Random is for debbuging)

 

Death will be louder ;)

Solved garbage problem, thank you very much!

Perhaps you could add death sound from arcade?

Gacek.thumb.png.ef348e2e8e278ce6fb992c82d719db31.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Real hardware is always beautiful.

 

Gacek.thumb.png.eadd610d572d4f1ab89ad0277a68c33b.png

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2022 at 11:07 PM, Philsan said:

Solved garbage problem, thank you very much!

Perhaps you could add death sound from arcade?

Gacek.thumb.png.ef348e2e8e278ce6fb992c82d719db31.png

 

Where to download that new version (VBXE platforms) from, please? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jacques said:

Where to download that new version (VBXE platforms) from, please? 

Eight posts above, #58

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The VBXE version on a real CRT is very nice, cool stuff!

 

 

gacek.jpg

Edited by Dinadan67
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dinadan67 said:

The VBXE version on a real CRT is very nice, cool stuff!

 

 

gacek.jpg

Definitely - never knew how nice the 1084 was until I saw an RGB signal on it.  S-Video is nice but RGB is incredibly clear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2022 at 6:16 PM, Philsan said:

Eight posts above, #58

Thank you, I thought it was black platforms version, but it's all VBXE gfx.
Amazing stuff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The VBXE version is great.

I just have two small things that I noticed in the last version from March 8th.

 

With my original hardware, a blue bar can be seen at the top. VBXE Core is 1.26a. No matter if I load Gacek with sio2sd, AVG Cart or SIDE.

Whether $D600 or $D700 is set makes no difference. Any ideas?

 

When the game is over, the Game Over sprite will no longer appear.

I think VBXE is great. Now last Squadron VBXE... :cool:

 

 

Gacek_blue.jpg

Configuration.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The newest version:

- (B)onus appears every 5000 points, up to a maximum of x5
- P appears after filling 20 segments (regular bomb = 1, lit = 2), it can have 7 colors, giving from 100 points for blue to 2000 points for gray, change the color by bouncing off the floor / ceiling (it also gives an additional 10 points)
- (E)xtra Life appears randomly, but collecting enemies increases the probability of it appearing, giving you 3000 points
- collecting frozen opponents gives you 100,200,300,500,800,1200 points in order
- new enemy added, each moves a bit differently now
- collecting lit bombs one after another gives you an additional bonus at the end of the round, 20 = 10,000 points, 21 = 20,000 points, 22 = 30,000 points, 23 = 50,000 points
- joystick down causes Gacek/Jack to fall faster
- enemies no longer appear on the same side as Gacek/Jack

- original logo in the VBXE version

- other minor fixes

Gacek_final.zip

 

 

@Yellowman In TLS, if someone drew sprites, they can be replaced with VBXE, but it will be more difficult with the background. VBXE is not as strong as some people think, there is no real sprites here, you have to draw and erase everything.

Edited by shanti77
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shanti77 said:

The newest version:

- (B)onus appears every 5000 points, up to a maximum of x5
- P appears after filling 20 segments (regular bomb = 1, lit = 2), it can have 7 colors, giving from 100 points for blue to 2000 points for gray, change the color by bouncing off the floor / ceiling (it also gives an additional 10 points)
- (E)xtra Life appears randomly, but collecting enemies increases the probability of it appearing, giving you 3000 points
- collecting frozen opponents gives you 100,200,300,500,800,1200 points in order
- new enemy added, each moves a bit differently now
- collecting lit bombs one after another gives you an additional bonus at the end of the round, 20 = 10,000 points, 21 = 20,000 points, 22 = 30,000 points, 23 = 50,000 points
- joystick down causes Gacek/Jack to fall faster
- enemies no longer appear on the same side as Gacek/Jack

- original logo in the VBXE version

- other minor fixes

Gacek_final.zip 78.19 kB · 111 downloads

 

 

@Yellowman In TLS, if someone drew sprites, they can be replaced with VBXE, but it will be more difficult with the background. VBXE is not as strong as some people think, there is no real sprites here, you have to draw and erase everything.

Dear Shanti77, I express my gratitude to you for doing excellent games. I really love both versions. Best wishes to you.

 

Gacek - VBXE version - Five Stars !!!

 

Gacek - Standard Atari 8 bit version - Another Five Stars !!!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shanti77 said:

In TLS, if someone drew sprites, they can be replaced with VBXE, but it will be more difficult with the background. VBXE is not as strong as some people think, there is no real sprites here, you have to draw and erase everything.

I thought maybe I was missing something obvious, but I have found the same thing.  The blitter is pretty damn fast, but you literally get nothing besides copy this chunk of RAM to this other chunk of RAM.  You don't get to specify a sprite position in X or Y axis - you have to know that and feed the direct memory addresses to the BCBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2022 at 2:54 AM, Aking said:

Vbxe can render a perfect bombjack arcade port

Now we all know it can, thanks to @shanti77! 👍🤩

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...