IGNORED

Proud Owner of Falcon again

It's always great to hear when people are able to buy back one of their favourite machines again after selling it. I sold my fav' machine of all time when I was a student (and worked too) for peanuts. Did buy one back but I am sad it is not the machine I actually had arrive in the post in the mid 80s and I actually used BUT it is nice to have an identical one again. Think I paid 400% more what I sold it for and it didn't even come with 1mb expanded RAM. Live and learn.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 1:07 PM, gilsaluki said:

With all that said, we are still here being loyal to a company that was never loyal to its customers. They innovated and made some quality products.  Made some stinkers as well.  XEP-80....Atariwriter 80...

I think we're more loyal to the Atari brand name than to whatever company happens to own it, even to this very day...

19 hours ago, MrMaddog said:

I think we're more loyal to the Atari brand name than to whatever company happens to own it, even to this very day...

It's only about BRANDING, and BRANDING only.  Milking as many $$ as feasible.  That new VCS is so overpriced, weirdly configured, under-supported.  Sound familiar?  It's like when General Motors GEO division slapped their badges on what were really Toyotas.  GEO Prism, etc.  It's all about branding.  

35 minutes ago, gilsaluki said:

It's only about BRANDING, and BRANDING only.  Milking as many $$ as feasible.  That new VCS is so overpriced, weirdly configured, under-supported.  Sound familiar?  It's like when General Motors GEO division slapped their badges on what were really Toyotas.  GEO Prism, etc.  It's all about branding.  

The VCS is perfectly priced... considering the price of anything computer related these days.  Some people think it is the same power as a Raspberry Pi... but it most certainly is much more powerful.   It is a decent little machine, I quite like mine.

It has actually gotten more support than I thought it eould, with a fairly steady flow of new (and old) games for it.

Not sure why you say it is weirdly configured... if you want to see odd, look at the PS5.

Edited by leech
  • Like 1