IGNORED

New user questions

mario64

Hello all. Just got my VCS setup tonight and have a couple of questions. 

1) Is there any way around having to enter PIN every time you boot & login to the system? 

2) Is there any way around the 32 character limit on the WiFi password? That limit is out of spec and there’s no way I’m gonna change my 50 other WiFi devices to accommodate it. 

Thanks for any assistance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mario64 said:

Hello all. Just got my VCS setup tonight and have a couple of questions. 

1) Is there any way around having to enter PIN every time you boot & login to the system? 

2) Is there any way around the 32 character limit on the WiFi password? That limit is out of spec and there’s no way I’m gonna change my 50 other WiFi devices to accommodate it. 

Thanks for any assistance. 

Yes, under the System menu go to > Account > Edit Account and turn off Require PIN at sign in,

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mario64 said:

Can you set up a guest network on your wifi and have the VCS attach to that?  Newer routers should support this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mario64 said:

Thanks for the responses. The WPA specification allows for password length up to 64 characters so the VCS limit of 32 is out of spec. I use a 64 character password for security purposes so I guess I would need to look into hard wiring LAN

if it's out of spec,  maybe report it to Atari support and they hopefully address it in a future update.

14 hours ago, mario64 said:

I have heard this from someone else before.  I think they ended up wiring the LAN as a temporary fix.  I believe Atari is aware of the issue and will be fixing it in a future update (this was from one of the Discord "bug reports" a few months ago).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, phuzaxeman said:

I just got my new VCS.  I tried to create a new account and it says, "Failed to fetch data please click..."

I tried to sign in as a guest and there's nothing on my dash board.  I'm really disappointed.

Thanks for your help.

Atari is having some sort of server issue currently.  Hopefully they can resolve it quickly.  I personally have not had any issues with it, but I haven't logged in today.

Also, if you ever have trouble with the VCS, submit a ticket HERE and they usually get back to you in a day or two.  Support has been pretty good for me and I know they do care want to fix whatever issue that you may have.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joeatari1 said:

Atari is having some sort of server issue currently.  Hopefully they can resolve it quickly.  I personally have not had any issues with it, but I haven't logged in today.

Also, if you ever have trouble with the VCS, submit a ticket HERE and they usually get back to you in a day or two.  Support has been pretty good for me and I know they do care want to fix whatever issue that you may have.

I have a ticket and submitted a work order. I'm really disappointed with this vcs. Hopefully this is resolved soon. What a dud.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phuzaxeman said:

I have a ticket and submitted a work order. I'm really disappointed with this vcs. Hopefully this is resolved soon. What a dud.

Stick with it. It's a great system and has been real solid so far. Here's hoping they get it all put to bed quickly. Let us know if you hear anything jn the meantime and hope you enjoy the system. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Atarick said:

Stick with it. It's a great system and has been real solid so far. Here's hoping they get it all put to bed quickly. Let us know if you hear anything jn the meantime and hope you enjoy the system. 

I was able to finally create an account.  I had to update through general settings. 

Now when I try and log in and use my pin, it says to check my internet which is ethernet so I know my connection is fine. I think there's a server problem. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phuzaxeman said:

I was able to finally create an account.  I had to update through general settings. 

Now when I try and log in and use my pin, it says to check my internet which is ethernet so I know my connection is fine. I think there's a server problem. 

Yep, looks like it's a broader thing. The crappy part is that they're probably missing a big cash cow with people who wanted to buy games with the Black Friday offer today. There is a big, or at least marked, incentive time for them to fix this.

• Like 2

Last night (after I had already created an account earlier in the day) when I tried to log in it bounced me to some web page that said the account did not exist. I simply reset the console and tried again and I was able to get in. Later I was getting time outs when trying to purchase games. But today it has been rock solid. Definitely some server issues going on. I wouldn't give up on it...I suspect it will be sorted shortly.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, phuzaxeman said:

I was able to get everything running.  The server was able to work.  The loading of the store was taking really long.  I suspect a lot of people are downloading on their limited server.

I think that was the last to correct for me last night. Login worked well after awhile but store still gave an error code. I restarted once more and then everything cam back in full. Glad it's back!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, fmh said:

I tried again first thing this morning and I was able to sign on right away.  I am applying more updates and looking through the Store now.  Everything is working well today.

Same for me. Support got back and suggested a restart from the menu page, which I actually had done before their reply to me. Works fine now. All told, actually feels a bit quicker.