IGNORED

Tiny Arcade Atari 2600

keithbk

Was in Cracker Barrel Sunday and saw the Tiny Arcade 2600 system for sale ($21.99). Other places have them listed for $19.99.

68d36730-55d6-4ec9-96f1-4f56a7347646.jpg

Found a YouTube video of it. Does not appear that all games are based on Atari 2600 ROMS, but may be arcade ROMS instead.

Edited by keithbk

4 hours ago, keithbk said:

Was in Cracker Barrel Sunday and saw the Tiny Arcade 2600 system for sale ($21.99). Other places have them listed for $19.99.

68d36730-55d6-4ec9-96f1-4f56a7347646.jpg

Found a YouTube video of it. Does not appear that all games are based on Atari 2600 ROMS, but may be arcade ROMS instead.

Really, really dumb.  Waste of money. Waste of time.

3 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

All of these tiny arcades are a waste of money.  The darn things are impossible to play with any kind of skill.  The only thing they are good for is to look at.

That's true of a LOT of collectibles though. For that matter, I know dozens if not hundreds of vintage gamers/collectors who buy full-size consoles and carts purely to display on a shelf somewhere.

Personally I enjoy the Tiny Arcade machines and have several. Don't know that I'll buy this one but who knows. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ComputerSpaceFan said:

In a way, that's kinda why I'm interested in the single player Combat version ... does anyone know if there's a hack / homebrew of Combat with A.I. like this little console has?

This is the only one I know of:

https://atariage.com/hack_page.php?SystemID=2600&SoftwareHackID=197

19 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

All of these tiny arcades are a waste of money.  The darn things are impossible to play with any kind of skill.  The only thing they are good for is to look at.

That's the whole reason why they exist. As for waste of money, pretty much everything retro is a waste of money. Unless you are a reseller and do it for profit.

• Like 1

I was thinking micro arcade (little credit card sized handheld) I've got pagan and tetris, but stayed away from the Atari ones because all those games are analog and I imagine don't translate well to digital.

That's a pretty cool looking thing though. Like above poster said, I'd totally buy it to have as a prop for my action figure displays. I couldn't see realistically playing it though.